Hold Harmless

G

I am working on a hold harmless for policy holders to sign along with the application. What E & O lawsuits are you seeing so I might include them in the document? Thanks!

I would have an attorney draft this.

That said, I seriously doubt it would have any validity. You are a professional holding yourself out as such and giving professional service and advice. I can't see a court upholding any attempt to make your client waive the ability to hold you accountable for your actions as such.

If this worked, there would be no such thing as a malpractice suit. You'd have a hold harmless agreement as part of the paperwork with any doctor, dentist, attorney, hospital, etc.

I would have an attorney draft this.

That said, I seriously doubt it would have any validity. You are a professional holding yourself out as such and giving professional service and advice. I can't see a court upholding any attempt to make your client waive the ability to hold you accountable for your actions as such.

If this worked, there would be no such thing as a malpractice suit. You'd have a hold harmless agreement as part of the paperwork with any doctor, dentist, attorney, hospital, etc.

Correct. As the saying goes, "you can't contract out of negligence".

Back