Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > E&O - Errors and Omissions for Insurance Agents

Reply to Hold Harmless     
Old 01-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #1

State: Guest is an Insurance Agent from
Hold Harmless
I am working on a hold harmless for policy holders to sign along with the application. What E & O lawsuits are you seeing so I might include them in the document? Thanks!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Hold Harmless
Old 01-27-2014, 01:18 PM   #2
Guru
VolAgent on Hold Harmless

State: VolAgent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
VolAgent is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Hold Harmless Re: Hold Harmless
I would have an attorney draft this.

That said, I seriously doubt it would have any validity. You are a professional holding yourself out as such and giving professional service and advice. I can't see a court upholding any attempt to make your client waive the ability to hold you accountable for your actions as such.

If this worked, there would be no such thing as a malpractice suit. You'd have a hold harmless agreement as part of the paperwork with any doctor, dentist, attorney, hospital, etc.

You can pay the premium or you can own the loss.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:27 PM   #3
Expert

State: kristophmarsh is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Hold Harmless Re: Hold Harmless
Originally Posted by VolAgent View Post
I would have an attorney draft this.

That said, I seriously doubt it would have any validity. You are a professional holding yourself out as such and giving professional service and advice. I can't see a court upholding any attempt to make your client waive the ability to hold you accountable for your actions as such.

If this worked, there would be no such thing as a malpractice suit. You'd have a hold harmless agreement as part of the paperwork with any doctor, dentist, attorney, hospital, etc.
Correct. As the saying goes, "you can't contract out of negligence".
Reply to Hold Harmless 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > E&O - Errors and Omissions for Insurance Agents