P&C E&O Coverage

iiinycboi

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does having P&C E&O coverage auto cover L&H? Or do i have to endorse it? E&O for insurance agent, covers everything related to insurance? I only ask because i am a P&C agent but i've noticed a lot of my clients are asking me to sell them term insurance.

Most policies do, but not all. You'll have to check with your e&o carrier (or read your policy).

On the few policies that don't cover it, its available, you just have to add the coverage, and pay a few dollars more.

Dan

ah, i see. my policy only says it covers me if im a notary public and insurance agent/broker so im assuming that it's insurance in general.

im just too impatient to wait till monday to call my sales rep.

I cant believe you would ask this on a forum and not ask your carrier!

Ok, I say it is, you believe me and you get a claim and its not covered....well, your problem.

this is such a simple thing, call the friggin carrier and ask! or better yet, email them and ask, then you have it in writing, and the even more simple thing to do, READ your policy and then READ your application to the company, there are VERY specific questions asking about P&C sales and Life sales and Health sales,

so the generl answer is NO, they are seperate things and you must make sure you are covered for each one.

ah, i see. my policy only says it covers me if im a notary public and insurance agent/broker so im assuming that it's insurance in general.

im just too impatient to wait till monday to call my sales rep.

This is the first I hear of E&O covers notary work. I had to post a bond of 15 k when I got my notary stamp.

Actually being a notary open doors for insurance as well. I wrote some folks for insurance that came to get document signed. :biggrin:

I intend to call my carrier but their not open figured I'll see what you guys say. Yes mine has notary public cover

Back