What Traditional Life Carriers Do Not Require E&O?

I think they assume most people will have it already. Does anyone use Jackson as their primary carrier? I always thought of Jackson as a life agent's annuity company. With their FIAs and VAs, most people already have a relationship with a company that forces them to carry E&O.

I use Jackson as my primary carrier. I find that they're the best company to work with. They pay commissions faster than any other carrier that I have ever worked with. The deal direct too. I have a lot of life business with them and the underwriting process is very quick. Also, when I take down a life app, I make sure that I have everything in order including the premium. This way when the policy is approved, I will say "please issue the policy and mail to the client." Don't have to go get the policy delivery receipt signed, which is a pain in the ass. I can literally check my bank account online 30 minutes later and see the commission already paid. Jackson told me that 97% of their business derives from annuities and only 3% life. My partner has $14 million in annuity production every year with Jackson.

Forums are designed to be educational and support your fellow agents. Its almost embarrassing to see the words being typed by the experianced "gurus" and "pros" in these rooms. Maybe try thinking response through a little and go a little less harshly. Some may not have a grip as tight as others in our industry just yet. Just a thought while reading through a couple of these threads, take it for what it is.

You get used to it here. There are several resident A-Holes who contribute nothing to the discussions. I guess the owners of the site like them because they probably do create traffic.

Case in point:

who cares what one court says, the next one on appeals will turn it over.....

gotta love the system.....

This after chiming in and trying to create arguement off topic, then, when others try to talk intelligently, he has to plant himself at the end of the thread with his political views.

Forums are designed to be educational and support your fellow agents. Its almost embarrassing to see the words being typed by the experianced "gurus" and "pros" in these rooms. Maybe try thinking response through a little and go a little less harshly. Some may not have a grip as tight as others in our industry just yet. Just a thought while reading through a couple of these threads, take it for what it is.

This place is nothing compared to some of the forums I have been on. Go to Topgunproducers and write something stupid and see what the response is.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you're looking for and don't mean to be smug but dealing with sub-agents who can't afford $45 a month for E&O is not the agents you want to work with.

In fact, you should require that they have E&O.

HealthAgent, I have a new agent who needs e&o but all we can find is e&O that charges annually. Where can you get e&o monthly? He doesn't want the big up front cost when he hasn't made any money yet? Thanks.

HealthAgent, I have a new agent who needs e&o but all we can find is e&O that charges annually. Where can you get e&o monthly? He doesn't want the big up front cost when he hasn't made any money yet? Thanks.

You might try Marsh Consumers/National Ethics Bureau. They charge by the month. You'll need decent credit though.

Thanks so much guys. He got it through Marsh, who allows you to pay 3 months worth up front, and then monthly thereafter. They charge a $5 extra per month for monthly billing. For a new agent, though, I think monthly is definitely the way to go, since we don't know what kind of producer he'll be yet. Thanks guys!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This place is nothing compared to some of the forums I have been on. Go to Topgunproducers and write something stupid and see what the response is.
I completely agree Xrac. I just got on here yesterday, and have already seen at least a dozen comments I felt were rude and borderline abusive. I've also seen some good content here, though, like just a moment ago I was advised where to send my new agent to buy e&o insurance where he could pay monthly rather than annually, and it turned out to be great advice. I think some people definitely need to be reported to the webmaster, though. There are some jerks here.

Last edited:
"There are some jerks here."

You should check out the 2010 Forum Private Survey. More than 3,000 people participated and here is the makeup (as of Jan 1) of the Forum.

45% Honest Professionals
36% Permanent Visitors
9% Lead Buyers
5% Website Developers
3% Jerks
1% Dingos
1% Butchers

Back