500 Life Union Group. Need Help

The HIC Group

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hello All,

I have a 500 life Union group headquartered in NY and I was wondering if anyone on this forum had any POSITIVE advice.

I currently have them all employees in the Aetna SRC limited medical plan, however Aetna is discontinuing this plan in 2014.

They are looking for ACA compliant plans to avoid all penalties.

I have researched the Panamerica Pana"bridge" plan and posted a thread in a previous post but I am hoping to uncover other options.

Any thoughts?

What kind of design and cost do you have going right now. What do you mean by limited medical? A plan summary would help along with per head costs.

What kind of design and cost do you have going right now. What do you mean by limited medical? A plan summary would help along with per head costs.

It is limited to 25k per year in total medical costs. First dollar paid. Price point is at 250 single rate.

Wow, I have never heard of a Union sponsoring a mini med plan.

Does the union make money off the plan?

If they are collecting dues that are going to benefits, I could see where they could turn a profit on a plan like that.

Wow, I have never heard of a Union sponsoring a mini med plan.

Does the union make money off the plan?

If they are collecting dues that are going to benefits, I could see where they could turn a profit on a plan like that.

Yes, they collect dues and tack on an admin fee on too of the premium.

Back