Agent in Louisiana Needs Help with an Employee Benefits Case in Idaho

nathan.lee

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I work with an agent that sells primarily life and annuities in Louisiana and through one of his current clients has been asked to help a relative of that client in Idaho. The relative in Idaho owns a trucking company that currently does not provide health insurance to its drivers. The agent in Louisiana wants to set this up doesn't know where to begin and neither do I. (I'm an annuity wholesaler and have no knowledge or group health products)

The agent is in the process of getting his non-res license in Idaho. I wanted to reach out to the forum for assistance. Would anyone be willing help him with this case?

Thank you all in advance!

You have some obstacles going against you on this case.

First they don't have a current plan. That means they have know clue of what the cost is going to be or admin on their side.

Second getting a census can take a month and getting applications completed can take even longer.

Third if you do get apps complete the rates will go up. Now the owner has to go back to everyone to see if they want it. Any changes could increase rates again.(state Specific)

All this being said, this case will take a lot of work. Partner up with a seasoned local broker and take a small piece of the comp.

I work with an agent that sells primarily life and annuities in Louisiana and through one of his current clients has been asked to help a relative of that client in Idaho. The relative in Idaho owns a trucking company that currently does not provide health insurance to its drivers. The agent in Louisiana wants to set this up doesn't know where to begin and neither do I. (I'm an annuity wholesaler and have no knowledge or group health products)

The agent is in the process of getting his non-res license in Idaho. I wanted to reach out to the forum for assistance. Would anyone be willing help him with this case?

Thank you all in advance!

Thanks ABC,

This is COMPLETELY outside my realm of expertise. I'll see if I can find a local broker and connect the two of them.

Thanks again for the help!

ABC had some very excellent advice.

Study his plan of action and implement it.

Also .. . . .check with some group regional reps like Fortis
Aetna or Coventry to see if you can have a private meeting with them to glean some additional advice.

Back