All Savers from UHC

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
UHC launched this new product called All Savers.

Anyone actively selling this?

If you are what are your thoughts on it?

Re: All Savers

I do sell group health insurance. I haven't found one client interested in the UHC All Savers yet. Humana tried the same thing a few years ago with "Coverage First", which gave employees $500 to spend before the deductible. It didn't sell well either. Below is an excerpt from the UHC brochure explaining the idea behind the All Savers plan
We discovered 60 percent of small-business employees spend less than $1,500 a year on health care.

It’s often for things like ear infections, broken bones, routine checkups, etc. So we designed our plans to help pay for most of those costs—before the deductible! With All Savers, everyone can get something from their insurance plan. It’s good when your insurance helps pay for an unexpected heart attack. It’s even better when it helps pay for everyday health care, too. All Savers does both.

With All Savers, each insured member gets a “medical credit” to help pay for health care. It can help cover many eligible health care costs, from office visits to the ER. The medical credit is up-front coverage, so it applies before the deductible (we like to call it a “pre-ductible”). Whether it’s for an ear ache, stitches, or a broken bone, you cover the copayments and the medical credit can help pay for the rest. For most small-business employees the All Savers medical credit could be the only coverage they use in a year!1

The medical credit can be from $500 to $1,500 per person, depending on the plan you select. You don’t have to pay extra for your medical credit; it’s built in as part of the plan. The medical credit resets annually; you can’t “roll over” any unused amount to the next year. But whether you use it all or not, you’ll start with a fresh, new medical credit every year. Each covered individual in a family gets their own separate medical credit. The medical credit does not apply to services outside the network.

We think we have the perfect setup here. All Savers provides coverage in case one of your employees has a major emergency or illness. And the medical credit can help the rest of your healthy employees pay for their everyday health care.​

I too tried selling Coverage First with similar results. I thought it was a way to wean someone off copay plans and on to HSA/HRA.

Did not work. Most of it had to do with the pricing of these plans vs traditional copay.

I have had a hard time competing against it.

So I am in the process of adding to my tool box.

I think it looks like swiss cheese but some owners have the philosophy of not covering any chronic conditions.

It is still a true insurance product so I think It would be ok to sell.

I am wondering how underwriting works with this type of plan?
If it is not 30% under a normal major medical plan why take it?

What kind of service is going to involved with sale of this product?

It looks like a big educational piece.

We have had this type of discussion before. With little variance in pricing vs traditional copay plans it is a tough sell.

Have not looked at the UHC product so I don't know how it looks in the market place, but I doubt they have a clue how to price or administer it.

Re: All Savers

No, but my statement was plans that contain the name "save" are typically garbage. I see I'm not too far off base here.

If we can have a discussion about new products and how to sell them or to sell against them that could be helpful.

Thanks

Back