Allstate Worksite Benefits

insurancemet

Guru
100+ Post Club
hELLO, What is your opinion of Allstate accident insurance, cancer etc. Also, how needed is this product in your opinion.. I read somewhere that cancer insurance is a waste of money , what do you think? Also, what do you think of other voluntary benefits.. like metlife, alflac as compared to this. Also in general do you think one would make more money selling this type of insurance or focusing on life.

hELLO, What is your opinion of Allstate accident insurance, cancer etc. Also, how needed is this product in your opinion.. I read somewhere that cancer insurance is a waste of money , what do you think? Also, what do you think of other voluntary benefits.. like metlife, alflac as compared to this. Also in general do you think one would make more money selling this type of insurance or focusing on life.

My buddy runs the Aflac office in St Louis. He claims cancer insurance is a very hot product. IMHO opinion it should be brought up in conversation with any of your employer groups at the end of the process. Because if you don't talk about now, be sure that an Aflac, Colonial or Allstate agent is going to call your contact and try to offer the product without you. Which could be a lost revenue stream and get in the way of rounding out your accounts (if you are the broker of record) that is.

Also MetLife and Aflac are in two different niches when it comes to employee benefits. Metlife = group carrier, Aflac = worksite carrier.

Just so you know, I am constantly helping brokers who do not have the broker of record on a group by using voluntary group term life or voluntary group disability as a wedge to BOR the group health. It doesn't work all the time, but it works some of the time.

Last edited:
Allstate was rated #1 on "The Top 10 Worst Insurance Companies." Allstate purchased American Heritage Life, who has a longstanding reputation of not paying claims, rate increases, and no backroom or poor policyholder service. So Alllstate Workplace or American Heritage Life only makes sense to be part of the Allstate portfolio. If Allstate truly believed in American Heritage Life, they would have actually made it part of their company, not just put a label on it.

My opinion when it comes to cancer insurance as with many of the other traditional VPD benefits (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity, ect) is that although they would be nice to own if something happened, there are other priorities that should take place first:

-Adequate LTD coverage (STD if available through employer)
-Adequate life insurance coverage
-3 to 6 months in emergency savings as a minimum
-Retirement accumulation plan being funded adequately

Unfortunately, rarely do I find someone meeting those criteria. As a result, I sell mostly life and disability at a VPD enrollment.

Re: Query about online credit card

What does that have to do with Allstate Worksite products. Anyway, online credit cards are valid only in the lower 48 states!:nah:

I've always wondered, what does Hawaii do to make them so high? Alaska, I can understand, but why is Hawaii so high?

Back