Anything Similar To Aflac ?

0b1kanobee

Guru
1000 Post Club
I was curious to know if there was anything out there similar to Aflac for a NON employee benefit? Say an individual/s would like to have their own standalone plan of some sort. What, if anything could you use instead of Aflac within the same budget or little more but perhaps better benefits.

I actually have an Aflac contract that I got with a fellow buddy insurance agent but I'm not familiar with their offerings. From what I remember, if the individual signs up with their employer or through group (even though the employer may not being paying any part of it) it's slightly cheaper and there is one or two more plans available that they couldn't get as an individual.

I guess what I'm looking for is an Aflac type product for individuals not groups but I'm not sure one exists. Closest I can think is one of these accident plans. However if I'm wrong about the better Aflac offerings with groups then I'd like to know what Aflac can do on an 'individual' basis.

You can get any type of product aflac offers from other carriers for individuals. However you will probably use multiple carrier to recreate the whole product line.

I was curious to know if there was anything out there similar to Aflac for a NON employee benefit? Say an individual/s would like to have their own standalone plan of some sort. What, if anything could you use instead of Aflac within the same budget or little more but perhaps better benefits.

I actually have an Aflac contract that I got with a fellow buddy insurance agent but I'm not familiar with their offerings. From what I remember, if the individual signs up with their employer or through group (even though the employer may not being paying any part of it) it's slightly cheaper and there is one or two more plans available that they couldn't get as an individual.

I guess what I'm looking for is an Aflac type product for individuals not groups but I'm not sure one exists. Closest I can think is one of these accident plans. However if I'm wrong about the better Aflac offerings with groups then I'd like to know what Aflac can do on an 'individual' basis.

Central United Life has a similar line. Almost all their products can be sold worksite or individual. I have been happy with them.

AGLA offers similar products.

Yeah.. I offer them too..Really like their cancer at younger ages.. But if I had to choose between them, I would choose CUL. More products including a blue collar DI that has simplified underwriting.. 5 - 10 times better renewals
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That's Frank's company. :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Central United Life has a similar line. Almost all their products can be sold worksite or individual. I have been happy with them.

Could you post their main website link? I have Googled for it but haven't been able to narrow down which one is specific to CUL.

Could you post their main website link? I have Googled for it but haven't been able to narrow down which one is specific to CUL.

Manhattan Insurance Group | Innovative Life Insurance and Health Insurance Products

They are part of the Manhattan Life Group. They normally cross license you with their companies.. But CUL is the only one I have dealt with. Manhattan Life has an interesting history. They started in 1850 and paid claims to insureds on both sides of the War of Northern Aggression. :) They also issued the first policy ever issued on a woman in the US.

Their number is 800-669-9030

My MGA is Lou Barber out of Memphis. 800-752-3419. I like working through Lou. He leaves me alone but if I call him he is always willing to help.

I also like interesting history of companies I deal with and my prospects seem to as well. Those you mentioned are some good talking points.

Back