Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum

Reply to Associations, Memberships and Groups?     
Old 08-10-2017, 11:10 AM   #1
Expert

State: Tim Resnick is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Associations, Memberships and Groups? Associations, Memberships and Groups?
Hi Friends,

Newby here.

I was talking to a friend of mine who sells individual to small business people who are contractors, construction laborers, tile setters, Carpenters, etc. Apparently these ppl only insurance options are those offered by Obama Care and if they don't enroll by the due date, they will be out of luck.

I'm not sure if this idea is correct or not but he suggested that if someone becomes a member of an organization (non-profit contractors org, etc), they can become illegible for group health?

QUESTION: Is the concept of being an independent contractor and joining "a membership or Association" a viable way to qualify for Group Health Benefits?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Associations, Memberships and Groups?

Old 08-14-2017, 05:03 PM   #2
Expert

State: Tim Resnick is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Associations, Memberships and Groups? Re: Associations, Memberships and Groups? Tim Resnick is the thread starter for: Associations, Memberships and Groups?

Dead air here,...but apparently if one joins a Contractors association, they can get a group plan (i found one in my area).
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Associations, Memberships and Groups?
Reply to Associations, Memberships and Groups? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum