Call Records, Employer Group

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
I take calls from employees on my employer groups. Small group, so the office admin has them call me about coverage, claims, network, etc.

In my relatively new independent agent status just transitioning from paper files to CRM. My new CRM is Radius Bob.

I am interested in how those of you who keep electronic records organize the contacts with a group. Do you keep a separate record for each EE, or just the ER?

Each time I speak to an employee or admin at the employer, I would like to enter a call note in my CRM. I could a. make a record for each EE and link it to the master client record for ER, or b. just put each note under the ER client record.

I find that most crms save history attached to the account over contact/individual.

creating a separate area to track contact with each individual employees seems excessive.

I prefer saving it on the account because I have all notes for employees in one place. I can compare notes opposed to other employees all in one place without having to pull up multiple tabs.

then only benefit I can think of doing it individually is search functions later on, being able to pull up notes by contact name and getting history only for that person.

Yes, I think for now, anyway, for time reasons, to just put under the group on the the CRM Radius Bob.

I wonder how many have truly been able to go all paperless. That's an ideal for me.

I would recommend giving the office admin/hr a master contact list to provide to employees. Once you get enough on the books you will drive yourself crazy trying to service employees. That is what the carrier is for. Between the 800# and the website, a halfway intelligent person does not need your help.

I usually ask the admin/hr to send out the contact list twice a year for employees. I recommend they do it once via email and the 2nd time a paper copy.

Of course this is a big reason to use a quality carrier who provides good support for employees when they call.

jmo

Great idea. I will see about that. I am campaigning to have them sign up on carrier website for self service lost ID card replacement, claims tracking, provider look up, etc.
I do get referrals from employees, so it's kind of a sales activity, but, yes, don't want to get overwhelmed with calls that carrier could handle, or where one of us has to wind up calling the carrier anyway.

Last edited:
I understand about the referrals. I usually try to push for those on yearly enrollments. When you sell a supplemental policy you just ask "is this enough to cover your entire life insurance (or DI or whatever) needs?"

And using carriers that have good online tools for employees helps a lot. Often I will mention that "it is often faster to call the carrier or log into the website vs. call me since often I have to just do the same thing". Also telling the admin/hr this too helps when you give them the master contact list.

But there is definitely an advantage to having employees reach out to you for servicing when you are looking to cross-sell.

As far as CRMs go I cant really help you too much. I do know that some of the more expensive ones can sync with google voice/docs/etc.

Back