Car Dealership Association Group Health Insurance

LFC

Expert
Hello Everybody,
Any input you can provide to me regarding this topic would be very appreciated. I am meeting with a car dealership this week to discuss their renewal. They currently have their coverage through a car dealership association. I have heard that carriers want to get out of the association business and they will be raising their rates tremendously this year.
Have any of you had any experience with associations this year, especially when it concerns Aetna? What type of increases have you seen? Are you aware of any news regarding carriers pulling out of associations?
Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

regarding a dealership that was supposed to be moved into an association program last year for group health with an Aetna network. It was delayed because it is unclear the amount of the increase. I wonder what your dealers experience was last year.

I havent heard about them pulling out but if its anything like any other association products dealing with car dealerships in CA they had been hit with huge losses.

CA self insurance programs like for Workers Comp etc are complete failures and facing huge reserve deficits. the industry is just plagued with accidents and claims. It seems the group health idea is no different.

I might be able to offer some fully funded ERISA plans that would be competitive with Aetna for them.
My experience with car dealerships is that they usually are tied to the agency that does their garage liability and workers comp plans.
I did one case a few years back of about 120 employees enrolled and ended up saving them $150K the first year and another $70K the second.
Really make sure you know the relationship with their current agent before you go in and work on it.

good luck,

Back