Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum

Reply to Cold Calling     
Old 03-22-2017, 02:14 PM   #21
Guru
rousemark on Cold Calling

State: rousemark is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
rousemark is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Cold Calling Re: Cold Calling
Originally Posted by Justin Bilyj View Post
I feel those questions would make a prospect feel like you're setting up a trap for them.
All I know is we got in a lot of homes and sold a lot of insurance when we used it.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Cold Calling

Old 03-22-2017, 11:16 PM   #22
Guru

State: thomasm is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
thomasm is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Cold calling is tough, not to mention calling B2B.

This guy seems to be a pro at it though.

The Gold Call | The Cure for the Common Cold Call | Script a Better Sales Call
Old 03-23-2017, 08:16 AM   #23
Super Genius
Rick Deckard on Cold Calling

State: Rick Deckard is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by thomasm View Post
Cold calling is tough, not to mention calling B2B.

This guy seems to be a pro at it though.

The Gold Call | The Cure for the Common Cold Call | Script a Better Sales Call
Shirley you must be joking
Old 03-24-2017, 08:48 AM   #24

State: sbg_ben is an Insurance Agent from
Cold Calling Re: Cold Calling sbg_ben is the thread starter for: Cold Calling

Just an update, I actually got one call back from a guy. He wasn't offering health health insurance to his employees because he couldn't afford it but he said depending on what happens with the government he might and to check back in 90 days. I don't think the cost of providing health care is going to go down in 90 days but I might call back with some other products in mind like disability.

I've also gotten over my fear and started doing more in person "cold calling" which I think is quite a bit better. People are a lot less angry and reluctant to hear you out.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 03-29-2017, 11:19 PM   #25
Guru

State: NWBenefitProvider is an Insurance Agent from Washington
Ben,

If you are willing to write some individual health policies, you have a hot lead with the business owner you talked to. If he's not providing coverage, the employees are getting it on their own and you may as well offer to help them. Even though it's outside open enrollment, you could offer to come in and do a quick Q&A with the employees and likely get broker of record letters. Then you have a foot in the door for when they want a group plan. If they don't, then you go back at open enrollment and sign everyone up for their individual plans. More work, but if you are just getting started, it is a way to get some traction.

Good for you for just going for it. You will learn a lot by trial and error, but keep at it.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:58 AM   #26

State: sbg_ben is an Insurance Agent from
Cold Calling Re: Cold Calling sbg_ben is the thread starter for: Cold Calling

Originally Posted by NWBenefitProvider View Post
Ben,

If you are willing to write some individual health policies, you have a hot lead with the business owner you talked to. If he's not providing coverage, the employees are getting it on their own and you may as well offer to help them. Even though it's outside open enrollment, you could offer to come in and do a quick Q&A with the employees and likely get broker of record letters. Then you have a foot in the door for when they want a group plan. If they don't, then you go back at open enrollment and sign everyone up for their individual plans. More work, but if you are just getting started, it is a way to get some traction.

Good for you for just going for it. You will learn a lot by trial and error, but keep at it.
I think that moving forward i'm probably not going to focus on doing a lot of b2b cold calling in regard to using the phone because it might burn some bridges. People just don't seem to be very receptive on the phone when you do get to the right person they seem a little pissed off right off the bat.

I am going to focus more on the in person route, i'm also joining some organizations like rotary/chamber of commerce and possibly a BNI group in order to meet some business owners. We are also going to start focusing on asking our existing clients for leads which is something we haven't really been doing.

You do bring up a good point regarding the individual health policies, at this point i'm really not in a position to be picky about any kind of client that I am licensed to sell any kind of policy to.
Reply to Cold Calling 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum