Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum

Reply to Colonial VS Aflac     
Old 05-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #31

State: Winston is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Colonial VS Aflac Re: Colonial VS Aflac
I don't care for either. I find that Boston Mutual has a great accident plan and puts both to shame. For life insurance I like Transamerica. Now if you need enrollers to do these I can understand going w/ the duck or Colonial but if you have your own enrollment team look into Boston Mutual and Transamerica.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Colonial VS Aflac

Old 06-22-2016, 04:47 PM   #32

State: Jojo14 is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by wkcmom View Post
I disagree with your analysis....your not taking in to account the loss ratio as well as the when compairing policies you must compair apples to apples. If you can't get your claim paid (colonial) it doesn't matter what the they tell you on paper... MANY clients of mine employers and employees alike have told me horror stories of claims not being paid by colonial. Needless to say they are now happy aflac clients!!!!
I've actually heard many times the complete opposite. Colonials claims rating is ranked at 95%. When you compare an apples to applies colonial .will be 28 to 35% cheaper with higher paying benefits.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:41 PM   #33
Super Genius
Surancedawg on Colonial VS Aflac

State: Surancedawg is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Ah, AFLAC. My first gig in the insurance biz. Wrote some individual biz in the six months I was there, which my manager didn't care for because she thought I should be totally focused on landing group accounts. Just like the 10 thousand other agents in our office.

We would crowd into the Regional Coordinator's office every Friday afternoon for a pep rally, reminding us of the FORTUNE we could all make if we just put in the shoe leather. Sneaked a look at the Top Producing Agent in the Region's computer right after Christmas and saw that she had grossed 40K in commissions for the year. Meaning her net after expenses was probably less than 30K. And she was the STAR in the office.

The whole state organization got termed by AFLAC 6 months after I left.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:22 PM   #34
Guru
rousemark on Colonial VS Aflac

State: rousemark is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
rousemark is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by Thomas Miller View Post
Ah, AFLAC. My first gig in the insurance biz. Wrote some individual biz in the six months I was there, which my manager didn't care for because she thought I should be totally focused on landing group accounts. Just like the 10 thousand other agents in our office.

We would crowd into the Regional Coordinator's office every Friday afternoon for a pep rally, reminding us of the FORTUNE we could all make if we just put in the shoe leather. Sneaked a look at the Top Producing Agent in the Region's computer right after Christmas and saw that she had grossed 40K in commissions for the year. Meaning her net after expenses was probably less than 30K. And she was the STAR in the office.

The whole state organization got termed by AFLAC 6 months after I left.
Se what you caused by leaving?
Old 05-31-2017, 02:40 PM   #35

State: ArinMD is an Insurance Agent from
I decided to join Aflac today after meeting with three different dsc from areas around the county. The interesting thing about these meetings were I turned the interviews on them and found it amazing. Yes I am a newbie to selling insurance but that's about the extent of it.

Some observations:
1. Each is truly different in approach, recruiting promises, and work climate.
2. The primary of focus of each is to get you a license and get you recruiting others as fast as you can.
3. The one I chose had a much more holistic approach and does not push Aflac as the only way to make a living.

Moral of the story, IF you choose to go the aflac or colonial route my newbie advise is to poke around the other handful of aflac agencies and see the one that at the very least you can get some good training with and feel confortable with as they are not in the same.
Reply to Colonial VS Aflac 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum