Conseco Insurance Co.

They recruit heavily around here in Austin to sell their Cancer plan. Probably this is the same group recruiting you, if you are on TX. Of course the cancer plan can be sold at businesses. Around here in TX I find that colonial Life is fairly good.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I bumped the other thread for you, where we were talking about this ....are you talking about PMA??

Last edited:
If 78% of all cancers are diagnosed in people 55 years of age and older, how can you justify premuim $s going for that if they don't have the Life and DI coverage they need?
Tony

If 78% of all cancers are diagnosed in people 55 years of age and older, how can you justify premuim going for that if they don't have the Life and DI coverage they need?
Tony

Well, if people can't afford the life and DI or are most worried about cancer, then there ya go. Sell them what they want first, then turn around and try and show them what they need later. Make them a client and get that trust first.

And 78% of the people might get it over 55, but you don't know if the client is going to get it around then. I have a friend who is 26 and she has had cancer 3 times now. Another was 34 and they got it.

If they want cancer protection, then give it to them. Or sell them a life policy with accelerated/chronic benefits that will pay them if they get cancer, and call that a day!

Would you mind explaining why using anecdotal evidence?

I'm just curious...

If you search for Conseco on here, I once wrote a very long story about them and why I hate them.

I have many, many reasons.

I will name a few now. They bought my fav company U.P.I. and told us they were not going to change a thing and very shortly after that they were closing down the place. That did this to many companies.

Their stock was up to like $65 a share. It got down to like 3 cent a share when A.M. Best gave them a very bad rating at one point. Tons of people lost money in their stocks.

There is a reason why on this forum, you dont hear many people bragging about them or why we dont bring them up often. A lot of agents use to be with them and are not now. Start asking them why.

There is much, more to be said, but be your own judge and google them.

What a shock... An insurance company promises one thing and does the complete opposite... A stock goes from 65.00 down to 3 pennies, that must be a first...

If 78% of all cancers are diagnosed in people 55 years of age and older, how can you justify premuim going for that if they don't have the Life and DI coverage they need?
Tony

Using the same reasoning, 95% of deaths occur after age 55, how do you justify taking premium for a life insurance policy on younger people. They might as well wait until 55 to buy it.Don't think any agent is going to agree with that statement.

Take a look at a comparison of actual premiums with AGLA for a Platinum Plus cancer plan. assuming premiums paid to age 65.

Age 25 Premium $14.57 per month x 12 x 40 = $6,003.60
Age 50 Premium $41.07 per month x 12 x 15 = $7,392.60

The 25 year old has paid $399.00 less but has had the coverage for 40 years longer. Plus if the 25 year old had taken advantage of the screening benefit from age 35 to 50 (assume they both use the benefit from 50 to 65) that would be an additional $1.125.00 savings for a total savings of $1,524.00. The premium is not enough that it should be painful and force the 25 year old to do without other coverages and yet if they are in that 22% of cancer patients under 55, they will receive thousands of dollars that will be very much needed. ( speaking from experience)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you search for Conseco on here, I once wrote a very long story about them and why I hate them.
Searched but didn't find it.. What was the thread title?

Last edited:
Using the same reasoning, 95% of deaths occur after age 55, how do you justify taking premium for a life insurance policy on younger people. They might as well wait until 55 to buy it.Don't think any agent is going to agree with that statement.

Take a look at a comparison of actual premiums with AGLA for a Platinum Plus cancer plan. assuming premiums paid to age 65.

Age 25 Premium $14.57 per month x 12 x 40 = $6,003.60
Age 50 Premium $41.07 per month x 12 x 15 = $7,392.60

The 25 year old has paid $399.00 less but has had the coverage for 40 years longer. Plus if the 25 year old had taken advantage of the screening benefit from age 35 to 50 (assume they both use the benefit from 50 to 65) that would be an additional $1.125.00 savings for a total savings of $1,524.00. The premium is not enough that it should be painful and force the 25 year old to do without other coverages and yet if they are in that 22% of cancer patients under 55, they will receive thousands of dollars that will be very much needed. ( speaking from experience)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Searched but didn't find it.. What was the thread title?

The 25 year old pays less but has higher opportunity costs due to the time value of money.

Back