Conseco Insurance Co.

True.. but at today's 0.05% return on CD's that doesn't amount to much.. :1rolleyes:

You are correct about CD's but there are other places to invest that still give a decent return. I think in terms of business and real estate. I think you actually mean 0.5% return.

You are correct about CD's but there are other places to invest that still give a decent return. I think in terms of business and real estate. I think you actually mean 0.5% return.

Yeah.. I hit an extra 0 but the way things are going 5/100% might be not far off!:goofy:... I remember the old days when we were projecting ULs and Annuities at 13%+, thinking the days of 5% would never return.

Using the same reasoning, 95% of deaths occur after age 55, how do you justify taking premium for a life insurance policy on younger people. They might as well wait until 55 to buy it.Don't think any agent is going to agree with that statement.

Take a look at a comparison of actual premiums with AGLA for a Platinum Plus cancer plan. assuming premiums paid to age 65.

Age 25 Premium $14.57 per month x 12 x 40 = $6,003.60
Age 50 Premium $41.07 per month x 12 x 15 = $7,392.60

The point is moot if they can't qualify at age 50 due to health concerns.

I know of a lawyer looking to speak with agents who sold, “LifeTrend” life insurance policies issued by Philadelphia Life and Mass General (now Conseco). These policies were mostly sold ten to twenty years ago.

Email [email protected] if are one.

Conseco had two books of policies that got it in trouble recently here...the Lifetrend and the Valulife. The valulife they needed to remove 173 million in liabilities from the books during the 2002 bankruptcy...so they illegally slated cost of insurance charges to go up a decade later.

Originally Posted by Markingriffin
I know of a lawyer looking to speak with agents who sold, “LifeTrend” life insurance policies issued by Philadelphia Life and Mass General (now Conseco). These policies were mostly sold ten to twenty years ago.
It appers that this attorney has visited the forum and is picking members who either has sold, or knows agents that have sold "Life Trend". I have also been contacted.

There seems to be a major Class Action suit that this attorney is handling and is looking for some information. If you're contacted and have infomation that could be useful to him, be careful about what you say to him.

Just saying...........

It appers that this attorney has visited the forum and is picking members who either has sold, or knows agents that have sold "Life Trend". I have also been contacted.

There seems to be a major Class Action suit that this attorney is handling and is looking for some information. If you're contacted and have infomation that could be useful to him, be careful about what you say to him.

Just saying...........

All lawyers scare me.....

Just saying...........

Good advice. I would not volunteer information. Conseco sounds like a good company to not have sold for.

Back