Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum

Reply to Costco PBM for Employer Groups     
Old 04-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
Guru
somarco on Costco PBM for Employer Groups

State: somarco is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
somarco is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Costco PBM for Employer Groups Costco PBM for Employer Groups
Costco has entered the pharmacy benefit management business, according to published reports.

In an article in the January 2013 issue of Costco Connection magazine, the club warehouse retailer is promoting the new PBM, Costco Health Solutions, to small business owners. Pharmaceutical industry consultant Adam Fein noted on his blog, Drug Channels, that Costco was seeking to emulate the tactics already used by CVS Caremark, Walgreens and Walmart to drive prescription growth.

Costco launches PBM - Drug Store News

Old news but new to me.

In a note to investors on Thursday, Citi analyst Deborah Weinswig wrote that the retailer was offering Costco Business Prescription Insurance to employers with at least 50 employees who are self-funded, with EnvisionRx believed to be providing the back-end PBM infrastructure. Still, Weinswig wrote that she expects "little traction."

------------------------------------
The doctor is in. Five cents please.
Georgia Medicare Plans
GA Medicare Supplement Rates
(404) 252-5859
  Reply With Quote to Costco PBM for Employer Groups

Old 06-06-2017, 11:57 AM   #2
ERISAgaga on Costco PBM for Employer Groups

State: ERISAgaga is an Insurance Agent from
Costco PBM for Employer Groups Re: Costco PBM for Employer Groups
Somarco,
Funny that i logged on today and saw your post.
Working on this issue with friend on the left coast.

"In an article in the January 2013 issue of Costco Connection magazine, the club warehouse retailer is promoting the new PBM, Costco Health Solutions, to small business owners. Pharmaceutical industry consultant Adam Fein noted on his blog, Drug Channels, that Costco was seeking to emulate the tactics already used by CVS Caremark, Walgreens and Walmart to drive prescription growth."

The program I learned about yesterday works with TPAs in their offerings. This gives them more economies of scale.
Most PBM programs offer a percentage of savings while keeping part for themselves. This company I was introduced to uses a different method. They charge a PEPM fee and pass 100% back to the employer on the ERISA model.

They include COSTCO and the others you spoke about.

I would be happy to speak to you about it, if you have some TPAs that might be interested.

ERISAgaga

Working with TPAs and brokers to the benefit of employer groups of all sizes.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:27 PM   #3
Guru
somarco on Costco PBM for Employer Groups

State: somarco is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
somarco is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Costco PBM for Employer Groups Re: Costco PBM for Employer Groups somarco is the thread starter for: Costco PBM for Employer Groups

No need to call. This was just an informational post. I know nothing about their PBM other than what is in the link I posted. I am not promoting their PBM.
Reply to Costco PBM for Employer Groups 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum