Do Independent Agents Actually Make $$ in Worksite Marketing?

Worksite benefits selling is a volume business. We do a ton of business because we have relationships. So, to answer your questions, yes there is money ( I would bet I'm in the top 20% of income producers in this 80/20 scenario) but it takes more than just hard work. You really need to be with an outfit that has history and relationships.

I agree 100% with Broker007. I could show you earnings illustrations that would allow you to make 100k+ just by selling 8 policies a week. You field underwrite (no denied apps), persistency is an average of 10 years and your renewals would be much better than what you are used to seeing in health. Anyone that has a solid core of group or individual business that has a fear of losing commissions can easily make up that income by marketing these products. The problem is that there is a general perceptions of the the "DUCK" and the negativity that follows. If you choose the right IMO you can receive immediate vesting and some carriers will protect your business from BoR. Most people won't take the time to figure how the product benefits their client. It is a matter of finding the right system to maximize your time and your sales.

I've been in the Federal Worksite appx 15 years.working with primarily Postal and VA employees...Its a warm market...Most blue collar Federal employees don't have a great handle on their individual benefit package so, by giving them a little direction and information, they are less skeptical than the general public and the sale process is less stressful since it is done through their allotment...

The typical approach is with their disability coverage which is not part of their benefit package...Additional life insurance can be written on top of the DI allotment...The renewals on the DI are decent enough to build a nice book and the persistency tends to be strong...

The biggest challenge is getting in front of the employee!!

Back