Economy is Not Picking Up!

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
I am looking at another round of small groups dropping benefits. A few categories of business that fall into this.

The group that was 22 lives in 2007 and now is 4 lives. They are dropping!

The group that consists of mainly age 55 employees. The employer can not absorb the premiums when business has not picked up.

The small groups that no longer have an employee in the office manager position. This is something I have just started to witness. The owner does not want to deal with the admin or the back premium on group health.

Owners realize that they can drop benefits and not lose that many employes if any.

These situations are a direct response to a horrible economy.

It just keeps getting worse. It would take years to get jobs back and I know several going back to school to be an RN. Geez how many RNs can this country support after a while. Ridiculous.

how many RNs can this country support

They, along with NA, PA, etc are the PCP's of the future.

But no fear. Obama finally understands the economy & jobs are to be his focus. He will get on that right after he returns from spending $200 million on his trip to India.

Of course if the Republicans insist on being uncooperative he won't be able to save us from turning the recession in to a depression.

But no fear. Obama finally understands the economy & jobs are to be his focus. He will get on that right after he returns from spending $200 million on his trip to India.

Actually, it's $200 million a day...so that he could announce some jet airliner contracts from the Indian government that have been months in the making as if he made the deal himself...

Actually, it's $200 million a day...so that he could announce some jet airliner contracts from the Indian government that have been months in the making as if he made the deal himself...

Maybe he's on the Boeing expense account? He could just be putting it all on the company card.

Don't forget, he also told the Indian Parliament that he supports India getting a permanent seat on the UN Security Council. Never mind that all our previous attempts were unsuccessful, or that he'll no longer be President by the time the UN even considers it.

That is really to bad no one is dropping any of our group plans Business is great. . hope to meet some of you in the future.

Have you specialized in certain SIC codes that might be better suited in this economy?

My group business on existing accounts is down. A few have closed their doors or completely gotten rid of their plan, but more common, the employee count within the groups is substantially down. As far as prospecting for new plans, I no longer actively prospect for health so I don't have a feel for the market any longer. I still write a few groups from time to time, but it finds me.

Back