• Navigator!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Be both?

• I quit!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Under the proposed rule, in order to mitigate conflicts of interest, there are three types of information that Navigators should disclose to the Exchange and to their consumers. First,
CMS-9955-P 24 Navigator and all Navigator staff members would be required to disclose to the Exchange and to each consumer who receives application assistance from the Navigator entity or individual, any lines of insurance business, other than health insurance or stop loss insurance, which the Navigator intends to sell while serving as a Navigator. Since Navigators must not sell health insurance and as we also propose, must not sell stop loss insurance, the proposed requirement that Navigators disclose “any lines of insurance business” is not intended to apply to the sale of health insurance or stop loss insurance, since these are not conflicts of interest that could be mitigated through disclosure (see § 155.210(d)).
( I haven't made 10 posts so I can't hyperlink it :no:) JUST PM me and I will give you the link.

If you don't think the government is weeding out the agent, or you believe that the small group and individual market will get flooded, don't expect to be able to serve the Exchange marketplace!
In its 63-page rule, HHS says “holding an agent or broker license is neither necessary, nor by itself sufficient, to perform the duties of a navigator, as these licenses generally do not address areas in which navigators need expertise, including the public coverage options that would be available to some consumers.”

There is still time to post your response to this proposal

You may submit electronic comments on this regulation to
( I haven't made 10 posts so I can't hyperlink it :no:) JUST PM me and I will give you the link.
Follow the "Submit a comment" instructions.

Back