Get Ready For New Plans

Do you have a source for this information?

No, because it hasn't been decided one way or another. I'm piecing together the info from the HHS application document and what I've heard from others via 3rd/4th-hand information. I'm sure this is part of the "you'll find out later" aspect of things that will occur in Sept. But that's inside the exchange. The key, of course, is the subsidized premiums, since the majority will be receiving some type of subsidy (or at least be eligible).

Outside of the Exchange? Who knows. I'm willing to guess that it will be similar to how it is now.

Gary Cohen, the director of CIIO said in the national stakeholder call Monday that they expect to be training & certifying agents in July for use of the FFE exchange. So, I guess we will find out in July. it is my understanding that the FFE (Federally Facilitated Exchanges) will use broker portals on their website for electronic submission of applications. As a matter of fact, when one person asked why the 21 page paper application does not have a place for broker/agent, the answer was that they had not anticipated that many consumers would use paper applications, but would use online apps instead. So, I'm quite sure there will be online apps, and it appears that there will be broker portals for those systems.

Back