Group Health with Humana?

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
For those of you selling group health has Humana stopped quoting new health business?

Here in Indiana they have pulled out from writing new business.

Re: Humana?

I think they are pulling out of the group health. I was wanting a group quote 50+ and they refused to quote it.
They wanted the dental and vision.

Can still quote in SC.

But they're still nowhere near competitive....

Humana seems to NOT want any new group or indie business. Their pricing has been outrageous. They are pushing pushing pushing the dental, critical illness, mini hospitalization plans. Ridiculous. Maybe they will be the next carrier to throw in the towel? And NO this is not a rumor. They are just pushing so hard the specialty benefits, its nauseating.

I've been getting decent rates from them in IL. It seems they're also on a major push to gain more traction here in the state.

While I've never worked the group side of Humana, I received a letter last week for individual policies. It appears they are not going to participate in the under 19 market, and yes, they are pushing the non-medical byproducts.

That's here, in Georgia

Got a new plan for dental and Vision, no waiting , no limit, some co pays , crowns , bridges , whitning, all coverd day one. $39 a month and $55 one time fee, pays agent $105 per app. can not be on victor, limited states, can be sold on the phone. PM me

Got a new plan for dental and Vision, no waiting , no limit, some co pays , crowns , bridges , whitning, all coverd day one. $39 a month and $55 one time fee, pays agent $105 per app. can not be on victor, limited states, can be sold on the phone. PM me

Why would we contract though you when we can go direct?

All I know is that a company i broker for had Humana last year and their rates went up 40%. So the company dropped them and now has United and they have faired well. You might want to check them out, they pay commissions for referrals that become clients and are some of the nicest people. They offer a group product through payroll for small professional and independent offices. Their website is mybackoffice.biz.

Back