Hate It when this Happens

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
I very occasionally will sell supplemental health on a worksite basis. Last week, I spoke with the owner of a causal dining restaurant that had about 40 employees.
He was in favor of setting up a plan but said I needed to work through his GM. I spoke with here and had her sign the employer forms. Set an appointment to start the enrollment yesterday. She was supposed to email me an employee roster. Never received the roster so I emailed her Monday reminding her that I would be there on Wednesday at 2:00Pm and asked for the roster. Didn't hear anything.. Start getting a bad feeling. Show up Wed. and she doesn't come out to greet me. I eat lunch and she finally comes out saying, "I didn't expect you today".. The she says, I have talked with all the employers and none of them are interested in "supplemental" insurance.. Later that afternoon, I met with one of the employees and she said the GM did talk with them but didn't have any details. Showed her what we were offering and wrote her on an individual basis.

Don't you really hate it when the decision makers decide to take it upon themselves to do your job for you? After all, how many people are going to jump up and down and say, "YES!" if you ask them, "You don't want to buy any insurance today do you?":1arghh:

I very occasionally will sell supplemental health on a worksite basis. Last week, I spoke with the owner of a causal dining restaurant that had about 40 employees. He was in favor of setting up a plan but said I needed to work through his GM. I spoke with here and had her sign the employer forms. Set an appointment to start the enrollment yesterday. She was supposed to email me an employee roster. Never received the roster so I emailed her Monday reminding her that I would be there on Wednesday at 2:00Pm and asked for the roster. Didn't hear anything.. Start getting a bad feeling. Show up Wed. and she doesn't come out to greet me. I eat lunch and she finally comes out saying, "I didn't expect you today".. The she says, I have talked with all the employers and none of them are interested in "supplemental" insurance.. Later that afternoon, I met with one of the employees and she said the GM did talk with them but didn't have any details. Showed her what we were offering and wrote her on an individual basis. Don't you really hate it when the decision makers decide to take it upon themselves to do your job for you? After all, how many people are going to jump up and down and say, "YES!" if you ask them, "You don't want to buy any insurance today do you?":1arghh:

That was one of my biggest problems with worksite.

I couldn't agree more...employers have no clue what their employees need and sometimes just don't care.
I run into this too many times.

Back