Just Dropped FormFire

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
I had used formfire over the years but they really don't have place in the post ACA market.

All ACA group plans have no more medical questions.

Then organizations that are underwriting, they have not contracted with.

Any group over 50 lives, you can pull claims data to lock in rates.

Formfire looks to be DOA in this ACA environment.

I had to drop them.

I did the same and moved to Easy Apps Online. They are set up better for open enrollments as well as new hires throughout the year. Works very nicely with ancillary and voluntary benefits as well. It also has the ability to ask health questions if needed for a situation where a carrier won't give out adequate loss ratio data/experience. We have that issue in WV. You may not.

The software also has a nice "hidden paycheck" or " total compensation statement" generator which some of our clients wanted.

Plus, it's a one time fee as opposed to continual payment which we felt was worth the money.

If you want I can give you the name of a broker and partner of this firm and you can speak with him.

I think under the ACA, there is not a need for these type of enrollment plat forms for small group.

On groups over 50, we can pull claims data, which can be used to lock in rates.
I have one carrier that will do a spreadsheet enrollment on these size cases. I think this will become the standard.

In 2016, small group will be classified as under 100 employees. Then at that time no more underwriting for those groups.

The ACA has changed everything. Once the universal app system is put into place on small group, all enrollment platforms will be obsolete.

There is a few exceptions but these platforms are software companies, they have no clue what is going on in the industry.

We do not have any health carrier here who will spreadsheet enroll, which causes me to still need this type of software. WV is behind the times from a technology standpoint. I just like the ability to enroll everything (medical + ancillary) under one platform. We will use it for now and reassess down the road.

Last edited:
Back