Large Group Health Brokers

Innovative Ideas

I was wondering if any of you all specialize in what I consider large group health of 100+ lives.

I really just wanted to bounce some ideas off of one of you if at all possible.

I am not an expert on these cases but I do have a few groups this size.

To make a living I figure you need hundreds of insureds. Even a 20 person company has maybe 10 on the plan. Anybody have experience focusing on larger groups the turn around time.

To make a living I figure you need hundreds of insureds. Even a 20 person company has maybe 10 on the plan. Anybody have experience focusing on larger groups the turn around time.

Kind of a wide-open question. What do you mean by larger groups. For example, many of the Fortune 100 type companies start sending out their RFP's in Feb for a Jan 1 date. Usually a large group does take more time, but it's all over the board depending on how large, and what kind of plan your installing. Self-funded groups have a longer time frame than fully insured.

I have a 300+ life prospect group I have been chasing for 4+ years.

I was wondering if any of you all specialize in what I consider large group health of 100+ lives.

I really just wanted to bounce some ideas off of one of you if at all possible.[/QUOT
We don't happen to specialize in large group,. we are conducting research for a large carrier with brokers who provide benefits to large companies with over 3,000 employees.

----------

would you have about 5?

In about 2 weeks, we should get our approval from the Texas Department of Insurance as a life and health insurer.
We have been working with Milliman on crafting our patented Health Matching Insurance benefits plan, which, initially, will be available for self funded employers of 200 or more employees.
We have about 8,000 lives already committed, so we should get off to a good start.
The objective is to gradually get the self-funded employers out of the insurance business, on the front end.
Our HMI benefits grow much faster than the typical claim, with no further premiums due on the build up (only an administrative fee is due).
Simply through the law of large numbers, if a typical group has 10-20% of its employees responsible for 80-90% of its claims, we reward the lower claimants with increasing benefits.
Over time, we are able to reduce employer risk and the corresponding reserve and premiums 60-80%.
Don Levit,CLU,ChFC
Treasurer of National Prosperity Life and Health

Back