MGA's for Group Benefits.

PotentialFarmer

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hi I'm in the P&C Business but recent retirement of a long time friend has opened the possibility of hiring him on or partnering with him to offer Group Benefit packages to his and my market (had a 100MM book at one point at Morgan Stanley).

In P&C MGA's, clusters and direct appointments are all utilized for this, in the employee benefit arena does this exist as well? The new hire knows all about writing this type of client through his past experience of over 25 years, however Morgan Stanley handled all the details of finding markets, product research etc. etc. I'm currently only appointed with Aetna currently and that was just to help out a few of my clients who asked me to look into their health insurance for them. I'm an independent agent however and if I'm going to partner up with someone writing more than a handful of small policies I want to offer a broader choice. Who are the main players in this arena lately? Aetna/Humana One/BlueCross Blue Shield??? Is Oxford still writing business?

All this is in California by the way. Thanks for any imput.

Back