My personal experience with Aflac

Re: Working for Aflac?

I would not work for Aflac alone, do I have an appointment with Aflac yes, do I have an appointment with Colonial yes. I maybe write 5 colonial groups a year and maybe 1 or 2 Aflac groups a year. I am not sure why anyone would want to work entirely in the workplace market but if you must try colonial not aflac.

Best of luck.

Mr. Bill

With Aflac there are NO agency deals and you are always a producer up to the Regional Manager position. There are Agents/Associates Coordinators in training and District Coordinators. I can personally tell you of many many success stories if I only had the time.....LOL....

What are you talking about? I have the contract on file they had offered to my agency.

Don't no matter though, didn't sign it, the branch/office on the other end was full of shady characters, just wasn't worth the hassle for me.

Seasoned producers love it when the HR person says they have AFLAC..... WE call it the "Duck Removal Program".....

Basically, it's pretty easy to find superior products for LESS cost..... think about it from the litigous side of an employer allowing you in.... do you think one day an employee MIGHT sue his/her employer because they let an INFERIOR product in that didn't deliver a higher benefit???? It'll happen.

Just saying......

Seasoned producers love it when the HR person says they have AFLAC..... WE call it the "Duck Removal Program".....

Basically, it's pretty easy to find superior products for LESS cost..... think about it from the litigous side of an employer allowing you in.... do you think one day an employee MIGHT sue his/her employer because they let an INFERIOR product in that didn't deliver a higher benefit???? It'll happen.

Just saying......

I've been thinking about adding worksite to my portfolio. Which carrier would you recommend over aflac as the best overall from a cost/benefit coverage standpoint. I've heard good things about Colonial & Allstate.
Thanks!

I like Colonial, AIG and hmmmm..... I just left the Benefits Selling Expo and there were at least 30 voluntary companies there trying to pitch there stuff.... I'll look through some of it and recomment... but HM (High Mark) is good also.....

I found the same thing.

It isn't my normal market but I can compete if I stumble into it. If you do an analysis of their product it is easy for the employer to see how they are paying a lot for what they get.

The duck sells for them. I must hand it to them, that darn duck was one heck of a marketing plan.

Just saying......

Hello,

I'm new here and new to insurance. I was recently lured in by the duck. I have found the agent structure to be heavy on the recruiting and light on the support and training. After hundreds of cold calls and corporate drops, I have come to the conclusion that Aflac has completely saturated the market with desperate agents that behave like lemmings in a barrel of water, clawing over one another for a gasp of air. I am looking to find an insurance company that offers decent support and structure for new agents. Any suggestions on companies to look at?

Back