My personal experience with Aflac

www.echolsinsurance.org said:
Well i checked the commissions at AIG, and they are roughly half those of AFLAC. That gives me enough motivation to quack my way through life as a duck. :lol:

Warning!

Don't quack to loudly during Duck Season! :D

hahahahhaha....just got a lead on someone ....now get this.......he is an aflac agent lic in 3/23/06 and just bought a mega life health plan.......

It is amazing what people do and how they keep it.

I know a Farmers agent who just started in the business, has a Mega policy, knows it is a worthless policy, and still has it.

That is like spending $300 a month on repairs for a car that is worth $600.

There is an a** for every seat...

AFLAC does not recruit insurance agents. They are more interested in getting someone in another profession to move into insurance. They do that because they are looking for lead generators for their DM's.

I carry Colonial as my supplement carrier, and will pick up Voluntary Mart in Jan. or Feb. when it becomes available here, in Georgia.

To get back to the original question, you are doing it the right way, just leading off with the wrong product. Go voluntary mart, then AIG or Colonial.

AFLAC offers great, up front commissions. Be wary of the charge back, the confusing commission statement, and the Blue Cross way of wanting to turn your client into theirs.

I signed up with them one year (to get the NAPA E&O insurance), didn't sell one policy, and they sent me a statement at the end of the year, that I owed them $20.

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy said:
AFLAC does not recruit insurance agents. They are more interested in getting someone in another profession to move into insurance. They do that because they are looking for lead generators for their DM's.

I carry Colonial as my supplement carrier, and will pick up Voluntary Mart in Jan. or Feb. when it becomes available here, in Georgia.

To get back to the original question, you are doing it the right way, just leading off with the wrong product. Go voluntary mart, then AIG or Colonial.

AFLAC offers great, up front commissions. Be wary of the charge back, the confusing commission statement, and the Blue Cross way of wanting to turn your client into theirs.

I signed up with them one year (to get the NAPA E&O insurance), didn't sell one policy, and they sent me a statement at the end of the year, that I owed them $20.

I appreciate the feedback. Voluntary mart is in utah so I will just stick with them. The hospital and sickness indemnity policies aren't yet approved in utah so i'll just have to wait for them. I don't want to spend $3,000 to buy the laptop Aflac requires in order to sell their products without paperwork. Assurant (voluntary mart) allows you to download and install the software for free. Everything seems to be easier with them and commissions are just as good. The only reason i considered Aflac is because they are in all 50 states. Hopefully Voluntary Mart will be in the near future.

Ask Golddoor, but many businesses have already been bombarded with the AFLAC approach. If you're in a rural area, the market penetration might not be too bad and you might get some response. I'm unfamiliar with Voluntary Mart, but I have heard of Colonial. AIG obviously has name recognition, but I would not be a fan of selling for a company that markets direct online, though I'm captive and indies are probably more used to it. You might think about AFLAC if you're far enough from a major metro area that your area has be overly farmed out to all their new trainees.

Back