My personal experience with Aflac

Re: seeking advice on starting with AFLAC

There seems to be some inconsistency with your figures. Agents don't work for Aflac. They are independent. Your #30 of the best companies to work for "DOSE" not apply. It is a B.S. figure designed to lure the unsuspecting to the duck. Since you are so full of facts and figures, please explain how Aflac pays 6 billion dollars "PRE" day in benefits. Inquiring minds want to know. Hell, I want to know.

I am with Aflac for four months and don't like the cold calling, prospecting where every business has seen us agents come in so many times prior to me. They say you are an independent business owner but the office is always asking for how much AP you earn daily esp. if its a power push week. I would like to learn more about being able to offer multiple carriers for health, etc. Certain people chosen for servicing accounts, and others are left out. Monday Morning meetings are very intimidating. The DSC is supportive in the beginning, but as new agents arrive they focus on their training. Sales School is really good. I would have preferred virtual training, as school is very far away and limited income for gas, and prospecting is too much. I have gone thru my savings, and have been struggling. I am studying for my Life Insurance exam. Any advice will be appreciated. Also, any opinion about Senior/Final expense insurance career?

Re: seeking advice on starting with AFLAC

I am with Aflac for four months and don't like the cold calling, prospecting where every business has seen us agents come in so many times prior to me. They say you are an independent business owner but the office is always asking for how much AP you earn daily esp. if its a power push week. I would like to learn more about being able to offer multiple carriers for health, etc. Certain people chosen for servicing accounts, and others are left out. Monday Morning meetings are very intimidating. The DSC is supportive in the beginning, but as new agents arrive they focus on their training. Sales School is really good. I would have preferred virtual training, as school is very far away and limited income for gas, and prospecting is too much. I have gone thru my savings, and have been struggling. I am studying for my Life Insurance exam. Any advice will be appreciated. Also, any opinion about Senior/Final expense insurance career?

How can you be selling for AFLAC for 4 months and not have a license.

Last edited:
AFLAC starting to eliminate all State Coordinators. They will hire salaried employees as marketing directors. Sales in US slipping More pressure on sales associates. I think they have 70000 agents with only 9000 producing. They have saturated market and without Japan would be out of business. AFLAC US. 20% of there total sales. Looks like they will continue to decline

Very true. Aflac sales are way down. High rates, slow to pay claims, Employers and employees alike are fed up. They have over saturated the market with poorly trained agents, and now are paying the price.

The Plans are "good", but other carriers have better Plans for less money. And those other carriers have been around a lot longer, so they've got the claims and technology experience Aflac still lacks.

I can say this after working with different Aflac managers in Nevada- You know they're lying when their lips are moving. :)

AFLAC agents are trained to Tell not sell. They are the greediest bunch I have ever seen.

I started in the insurance industry with AFLAC, what a joke it has become, if your going to get into worksite supplemental benefits.... try Transamerica employee benefits...sooooo much easier and commissions are better. Aflac has gone to corporate.. with saturating the area!

Back