My personal experience with Aflac

Classic

LOL! Good stuff! I have the same damn duck from when I used to represent them 2 years ago!!

Have any video of your beagle digging a hole in the back yard and burying it?

I still have my duck. What's funny is my District Manager for AFLAC tried to make me carry the duck when going B to B prospecting. He thought it would be a good ice breaker. LOL I said let me see you do it. So me and him walked into a construction company and had a bunch of women working as secretaries and he opened the door and stuck the duck in and squeezed it before we walked in. They all looked at us like we where a bunch of rejects. Which we were seeing that we was working for AFLAC. We lost the sale right there and then. I dont think I ever laughed so hard in my life. He then insisted on doing it the rest of the day. Needless to say we didnt even come close to making a sale!

Golddoor said:
I still have my duck. What's funny is my District Manager for AFLAC tried to make me carry the duck when going B to B prospecting. He thought it would be a good ice breaker. LOL I said let me see you do it. So me and him walked into a construction company and had a bunch of women working as secretaries and he opened the door and stuck the duck in and squeezed it before we walked in. They all looked at us like we where a bunch of rejects. Which we were seeing that we was working for AFLAC. We lost the sale right there and then. I dont think I ever laughed so hard in my life. He then insisted on doing it the rest of the day. Needless to say we didnt even come close to making a sale!

That's funny! I have three people that were training with me in New York Life that came from AFLAC. They all made okay money and did alright, but they had your same complaints about oversaturation of agents. Next NYL meeting I'll ask them if they were ever told to open the door and squeeze the duck.

AFLAC supplemental for major medical lead generation

I am thinking about selling Aflac or Assurant's Voluntary Mart to worksite employees by cold calling business owners and offering them a way to save money on Payroll taxes with section 125 while offering optional supplemental health benefits. As a secondary (and obviously more important) sale, I want to offer employees individual major medical coverage if they don't already get it through their employment. Has anyone used this approach to generate major medical leads? The idea is... if I can offer health benefits through payroll deduction without actually costing the employer any money and actually saving him money in taxes and unemployment it would be an easy way to open the door to that plus major medical coverage in some cases. What are your thoughts / experiences in this.

I can buy leads and make money, but in all honesty I feel like alot of time is waisted with internet leads. People rarely answer the phone, get contacted by many agents, and aren't the referral leads that we all prefer. They work, but I'm hoping for a better way.

Re: AFLAC supplemental for major medical lead generation

www.echolsinsurance.org said:
I am thinking about selling Aflac or Assurant's Voluntary Mart to worksite employees by cold calling business owners and offering them a way to save money on Payroll taxes with section 125 while offering optional supplemental health benefits.

I would suggest cutting Aflac and adding AIG. So you would have AIG and Assurant, a better combo IMHO.

Latest posts

Back