Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum

Reply to New to Employee Groups Meeting Next Week     
Old 06-28-2017, 10:45 PM   #1

State: DancinMan63 is an Insurance Agent from
New to Employee Groups Meeting Next Week New to Employee Groups Meeting Next Week
I have a meeting set up next Wednesday July 5th with a RealEstate firm owner...
Some Details
700 agents working for him but I think they are all 1099. I will find out for sure at the 1st meeting.
I am actually friends with the owner and Partner but never discussed business before because I think it's not always good to do business with friends... but when he said they have 700 agents all I heard after that was cha-ching and trying to figure out how to do this with 700 1099 employees.

I have been in the MAPD and medsup BIZ for years... also doing mortgage and final expense... this is a diff game for me and I'd like to make it work..

Help!!!!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to New to Employee Groups Meeting Next Week

Old 06-29-2017, 08:44 AM   #2
Guru
kgmom219 on New to Employee Groups Meeting Next Week

State: kgmom219 is an Insurance Agent from Texas
kgmom219 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
New to Employee Groups Meeting Next Week Re: New to Employee Groups Meeting Next Week
Call the carrier that you think you will want to use. Or a GA who has multiple carriers. When you are talking about 1099'ers the rules are different for each state and each carrier. A GA should be able to give you the best carrier for this situation.

Also, it may be that you can't do the group. But if you can get to 700 people for Indy AND you are in a state where they pay on Indy, it could be pretty lucrative. Good luck!

Good things don't come to those who wait. They come to those who work their butts off and never give up.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:54 AM   #3

State: sbg_ben is an Insurance Agent from
New to Employee Groups Meeting Next Week Re: New to Employee Groups Meeting Next Week
I actually have a possible lead on a similar situation, what state are you in?
Reply to New to Employee Groups Meeting Next Week 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum