New to Goup Benefits. Whats the Better Route?

victor247

Expert
I'm currently doing Traditional Life, FE, and Medicare. One of my clients owns a business with 8 people and would like to get a group plan for Life, ADD, STD, and LTD. He got quotes from 5 different companies, The Hartford, Sun Life, Reliance Standard, Principal, Unum. The Hartford had the best price at about $400/Mo. The quotes were run by a different agent. I want to know what you guys use for group plans and who is usually best to deal with. Or what would you recommend if price wasn't a factor? I want to keep my client happy. Is it worth it for me to go get appointed with some of these companies and not leave money on the table? Or is it to much of a hassles and just let the other agent deal with it and give me a 25% cut? Thanks guys!

Price point is always a consideration, but the benefits a plan offer should far outweigh that. Different carriers offer different plans, and all could be a good fit for your client depending on what exactly they're looking for.

I'd say Reliance Standard would be a great option to look at. They're pretty benefit rich and well priced. Good customer service on a group that size too.

As for whether or not it's worth it, I never leave money on the table. ;)

You also might want to consider the Hartford. They have plans designed specifically for small groups and they very rarely get rate increases.

Back