NTA Life--National Teachers Associates Life Ins. Co.

Cenla Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
A guy with them just called me. I've never heard of them. They do worksite with fire and police departments and so on. Of course, no other company does that.

Anyone have any opinions about them Yay or Nay with regard to their organization, products, etc?

According to their website, their A.M. Best rating is B++ whereas several of their competitors are, to my recollection, rated A or A+.

NTA Life | Home

A guy with them just called me. I've never heard of them. They do worksite with fire and police departments and so on. Of course, no other company does that.

Anyone have any opinions about them Yay or Nay with regard to their organization, products, etc?

According to their website, their A.M. Best rating is B++ whereas several of their competitors are, to my recollection, rated A or A+.

NTA Life | Home

Didn't care for them years ago and I don't know that they have changed any.

My wife is a teacher and she brought home info on their cancer policy. Seems pretty tight to me but I found GTL to be a little better priced. Unless someone can point me in a different direction, I find that between GTL, Assurity, and Union Central I don't need UTA.

Also, I believe there was a thread here sometime last year that discussed UTA calling the agents clients and rolling business.

My wife is a teacher and she brought home info on their cancer policy. Seems pretty tight to me but I found GTL to be a little better priced. Unless someone can point me in a different direction, I find that between GTL, Assurity, and Union Central I don't need UTA.

Also, I believe there was a thread here sometime last year that discussed UTA calling the agents clients and rolling business.

Thanks, Ron.

Note that this is NTA Life--National Teachers Assoc. and not UTA--United Teachers Associates.

You may find their rating to be an issue for some groups. If you have never heard of them before, they haven't either and are likely to ask about their rating. Also, check your e&o policy regarding sub A rated carriers.

You may find their rating to be an issue for some groups. If you have never heard of them before, they haven't either and are likely to ask about their rating. Also, check your e&o policy regarding sub A rated carriers.

That's what I was thinking. Evidently they've somehow gotten into certain governmental and municipal (incl. union and assn) groups but I don't know what the opportunity would be in general. There are the usual names in that market plus a large indy agency here that uses high rated carriers. I think the latter is perhaps ultimately the best way to go with worksite if you build it yourself. In that particular indy agency it was a much better deal for the owners than for the agent. IIRC if you came on board with them and left at a later time you left with nothing. But we've never heard of anything like that before, have we?

Last edited:
I've had unbelievable difficulty getting NTA life to pay a claim for my mother, who is now deceased. My mother had a cancer and intensive care policy. She was in the hospital for two months with cancer, and intensive care for a week, before passing away. One thing that she was concerned about during her illness was whether the NTA policy could pay out to my sister and I. What she should have been concerned about was whether NTA would bother to satisfy their obligations at all. I first submitted a claim in January 2014 with scans of full hospital bills, full medicare payment records, and BCBS insurance payment records. It's now almost May. Each time I've called them, they said they didn't receive the itemized bills I sent. So I send them again, and copy the person I'm on the phone with, while I'm on the phone. That person always receives my email, but when I call back, they keep telling me they don't have the necessary documentation. When I insist that they do, and make them check, they can see that I've sent it, but say that somehow the documentation wasn't "linked" to my mother's claim. Several times I've requested to speak to a manager, who has confirmed my explanation and said that she will fix it. I've basically been calling the company every two weeks since January. Today I received two letters in the mail dated for the end of March (a month late) saying that they still need the documentation that has already been sent repeatedly. I think I'm getting the run around, and will leave this honest review on every review board I can find for NTA Life.

I've had unbelievable difficulty getting NTA life to pay a claim for my mother, who is now deceased. My mother had a cancer and intensive care policy. She was in the hospital for two months with cancer, and intensive care for a week, before passing away. One thing that she was concerned about during her illness was whether the NTA policy could pay out to my sister and I. What she should have been concerned about was whether NTA would bother to satisfy their obligations at all. I first submitted a claim in January 2014 with scans of full hospital bills, full medicare payment records, and BCBS insurance payment records. It's now almost May. Each time I've called them, they said they didn't receive the itemized bills I sent. So I send them again, and copy the person I'm on the phone with, while I'm on the phone. That person always receives my email, but when I call back, they keep telling me they don't have the necessary documentation. When I insist that they do, and make them check, they can see that I've sent it, but say that somehow the documentation wasn't "linked" to my mother's claim. Several times I've requested to speak to a manager, who has confirmed my explanation and said that she will fix it. I've basically been calling the company every two weeks since January. Today I received two letters in the mail dated for the end of March (a month late) saying that they still need the documentation that has already been sent repeatedly. I think I'm getting the run around, and will leave this honest review on every review board I can find for NTA Life.

Call them one more time, ask for a supervisor and let everybody you talk to know that your next call will be to the State Department of Insurance. BTW, if the first supervisor can't help. ask to speak to their supervisor and keep working up to the next level.

Back