Open Enrollment Meetings

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
Any of you that actually sell and service group health business would be wise to conduct open enrollment/renewal meeting with the employees.

These meeting are very effective with adding membership to the plans. It also creates broker value especially in the small groups.

A couple of example this year for me

I had one small group that had 5 on the plan after the meeting I got 5 more to sign up.

Another group I had 17 on the plan and after the meeting I increased that to 29.

Most small groups do not have an HR department to explain benefits in detail. So when you the broker go in and educate the employees on options its important in many ways.

If you are selling group you should add open enrollment meetings to one of your responsiblities. If you don't another agent will take the business.

Great advice ABC.

Anytime you let someone else do your job (sell/explain benefits/features) you will always lose, better to do it yourself.

Owners love when you do this. They see it as someone relieving them of responsibility and an overall task.

I too agree, we work with our agent partners to provide EBC (employee benefits communications) to small and large cases. People still buy people, not products or programs.

Back