Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum

View Poll Results: What’s the biggest selling point for voluntary benefits?
Employees want them 21 28.00%
They increase employee retention 20 26.67%
They positively impact productivity 7 9.33%
They are cost-effective for employers 22 29.33%
Other 5 6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply to Poll Question: Biggest Selling Point for Voluntary Benefits     
Old 09-30-2016, 05:13 PM   #1
Guru
Brian Anderson on Poll Question: Biggest Selling Point for Voluntary Benefits

State: Brian Anderson is an Insurance Agent from Colorado
Poll Question: Biggest Selling Point for Voluntary Benefits Poll Question: Biggest Selling Point for Voluntary Benefits
It’s no secret strong benefits packages are critical to employee retention. The 2016 Aflac WorkForces Report found 60% of employees are likely to take a job with lower pay but better benefits. 42% say improving their benefits package is the one thing their employers could do to keep them in their jobs, second only to “increase my salary” and more important than “give me a promotion.”

At a time when companies are increasingly asking employees to take on a greater portion of health benefit costs, voluntary benefits can be seen as a way to enhance the overall benefits package offered to employees while having little or no cost impact for employers.

For those of you selling voluntary benefits programs to employers, curious about what you consider is the biggest selling point that prompts employers to add them.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Poll Question: Biggest Selling Point for Voluntary Benefits

Old 10-02-2016, 06:48 AM   #2
Guru
TampaHound on Poll Question: Biggest Selling Point for Voluntary Benefits

State: TampaHound is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Poll Question: Biggest Selling Point for Voluntary Benefits Re: Poll Question: Biggest Selling Point for Voluntary Benefits
I know that one of the reasons...the main reason...that I'm looking to switch out of my current position is lack of benefits. I work for a call center for an hourly wage + benefits.

They can't match my 401K, they can't give me a raise, they can't find a better medical plan, etc.

If they offered these benefits then I think they would have a higher retention rate, but it's there loss. It's part of their business plan.

https://easy-feinsurance.com/

And now for something completely different: It's my motorcycle blog!!! Mostly just archived stuff now.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:38 AM   #3
Guru

State: Key2Success is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Poll Question: Biggest Selling Point for Voluntary Benefits Re: Poll Question: Biggest Selling Point for Voluntary Benefits
Originally Posted by Brian Anderson View Post
For those of you selling voluntary benefits programs to employers, curious about what you consider is the biggest selling point that prompts employers to add them.
"Zero" out-of-pocket expense to "either" the employer or the employees is a slam dunk.
Reply to Poll Question: Biggest Selling Point for Voluntary Benefits 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum