Poll Question: Biggest Selling Point for Voluntary Benefits

What’s the biggest selling point for voluntary benefits?

• Employees want them

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • They increase employee retention

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • They positively impact productivity

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • They are cost-effective for employers

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
It’s no secret strong benefits packages are critical to employee retention. The 2016 Aflac WorkForces Report found 60% of employees are likely to take a job with lower pay but better benefits. 42% say improving their benefits package is the one thing their employers could do to keep them in their jobs, second only to “increase my salary” and more important than “give me a promotion.”

At a time when companies are increasingly asking employees to take on a greater portion of health benefit costs, voluntary benefits can be seen as a way to enhance the overall benefits package offered to employees while having little or no cost impact for employers.

For those of you selling voluntary benefits programs to employers, curious about what you consider is the biggest selling point that prompts employers to add them.

I know that one of the reasons...the main reason...that I'm looking to switch out of my current position is lack of benefits. I work for a call center for an hourly wage + benefits.

They can't match my 401K, they can't give me a raise, they can't find a better medical plan, etc.

If they offered these benefits then I think they would have a higher retention rate, but it's there loss. It's part of their business plan. :D

Latest posts

Back