Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum

Reply to Question on Group Health     
Old 04-21-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
Expert

State: general88 is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Question on Group Health Question on Group Health
Just to preface this I am a Life and Supplement Agent and have no desire to get in group health ins. But I do have a question that was posed to my by life client. She is an insurance claims adjustor and is currently on the govt plan. She wanted to know if a bunch of claims adjustors went under another adjustors company name could they get group Health insurance. My first reaction is since they are not not w-2 employees the answer would be no but this is not my area of expertise. Please advise
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Question on Group Health

Old 04-21-2015, 12:29 PM   #2
Guru

State: leevena is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
leevena is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Question on Group Health Re: Question on Group Health
Originally Posted by general88 View Post
Just to preface this I am a Life and Supplement Agent and have no desire to get in group health ins. But I do have a question that was posed to my by life client. She is an insurance claims adjustor and is currently on the govt plan. She wanted to know if a bunch of claims adjustors went under another adjustors company name could they get group Health insurance. My first reaction is since they are not not w-2 employees the answer would be no but this is not my area of expertise. Please advise
You are correct, there needs to be a bonafide employee employer relationship.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:40 PM   #3
Expert

State: general88 is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Question on Group Health Re: Question on Group Health general88 is the thread starter for: Question on Group Health

Thank you Leevena
Reply to Question on Group Health 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum

Tags
group health