Rate My First Day

Nice work!

Your goal of writing 2-3 10 life groups a month is realistic.
If you can generate 10-15 group leads a month you should pick up a couple of them. If you are able to keep this up for about 3 years you should be making around 6 figures.

It's inspiring to see someone that wants to work.

Thank you for posting.

I am brand new in the business and trying to learn, made 60 calls set 1 appointment, this is for group. I am using Ref USA for my lists. My goal is 2 appointments per 60 calls per day. Is this a good goal or should I aim higher. Right now I only have 3-5 hours a day to prospect. It took about 1.5 hours to make the 60 calls. Did one hour of b2b for individual term as well. I want the individual term to become my bill payer and the group to be money straight into savings. Am I on the right track? It seems cold calling can work with massive numbers dialed but I prefer b2b. My goal at this point is sign 2-3 10 person or more groups a month and sell 7-15 individual term life's. Keep in mind this is a part time basis for now. 6 months from now I hope to go full time and double these figures.

Thanks!

Groups of 10-99 is my focus. I am trying to call on areas within an hour from my home. Trying to hit smaller areas that have not been hit so hard. Getting a lot of dissconected numbers with the lists I am using.

The disconnects may be the list or the economy. (A lot of businesses are no longer around, especially smaller ones).

Many 10 - 49 businesses will not be offering group health much longer. Rates for small groups are through the ceiling and there is no penalty under Obamacrap if they drop coverage or don't offer it.

The so-called tax breaks under Obamacrap are almost impossible to get and if you do get them owners can't participate in the credit.

Groups of 50+ might make more sense long term since they will be subject to penalties if they do not provide coverage, or the plan they offer does not meet federal standards.

Of course this is up in the air as well since the penalty for non-compliance is so little, there is speculation some of those plans will go away.

You might want to consider ancillary lines, like group life, dental and disability. Not as much money there but can be a good fall back if you get shot down on the medical.

Keep up the great work! It seems that those who fail in this business are the ones that are not self-motivated, which is obviously not you.

Great Job. Keep it up! I think my first day cold Calling I made 80 + calls and got 0 appointments. Now I can get around 4 appointments for the week with 100 or so calls. Just keep it up, and pretty soon you will have a lot of groups in the pipeline waiting to come through :)

Question, I use salesgenie.com for my lists. What company do you guys use? Any of you have any experience with Sales genie?

When you call are you using your own script

"Hi, I sell health insurance. Can I talk to you?"

Use that enough and you'll get appointments. The actual call is more important than the script. The next most important point is to actually listen to what the suspect says and respond appropriately.

Yes I have two scripts that I am using but I do not always stick to them. Depends on the person. They are quick and to the point.

Hello

Yes Can I speak to the person responsible for employee benefits.

Then its a quick pitch to the owner right at setting an appointment. I am on the phone with them no more then a minute. If they want info I try to stay away from that and say that is why we need to speak in person. I am working on a mail out and a brief email for those that will not set right away with hopes to follow up with them and try again after they read it. It gives me another reason to call or stop by. It's trial and error at this point. I really want to push for 250 dials a week on average and try and set at least 4 or 5 appointments a week. The quicker this works the quicker I am full time in insurance and happy.

"Hi, I sell health insurance. Can I talk to you?"

Use that enough and you'll get appointments. The actual call is more important than the script. The next most important point is to actually listen to what the suspect says and respond appropriately.

This is how I do it.

One thing to remember you are working for the client. Ask them want they want out of a group health plan. On the phone if you can spark interests that is huge. My best way to do this is to get them talking and then I have an actual conversation with them. Hey this is working 1% of the time!
For every 100 calls I end up with a new client.

Back