Rate My First Day

GoForBroker

Expert
I am brand new in the business and trying to learn, made 60 calls set 1 appointment, this is for group. I am using Ref USA for my lists. My goal is 2 appointments per 60 calls per day. Is this a good goal or should I aim higher. Right now I only have 3-5 hours a day to prospect. It took about 1.5 hours to make the 60 calls. Did one hour of b2b for individual term as well. I want the individual term to become my bill payer and the group to be money straight into savings. Am I on the right track? It seems cold calling can work with massive numbers dialed but I prefer b2b. My goal at this point is sign 2-3 10 person or more groups a month and sell 7-15 individual term life's. Keep in mind this is a part time basis for now. 6 months from now I hope to go full time and double these figures.

Thanks!

Re: Rate My First Day.

Good day! Do what you did today, every day, and you'll be rich. Seriously. The tough part will be riding out the short term cash flow issue, if you can do that and keep your activity consistent, you'll be in a nice spot in 3 to 5 years (assuming small group renewals stick around).

You asked about activity numbers, more is better (obviously). But if you make 60 dials per day and spend 1 hour B2B, you will be okay. For quick reference, my numbers for small group were 1 new client for every 5 census's gathered. I was never able to beat that ratio over the long term. Using those numbers, one new appointment per day, equals one new group per week which puts you right where you want to be. If you can schedule two meetings per day, you'll get there faster.

Remember, keep track of x-dates. Get a box with monthly tabs and index cards, and write down each group you call that says you can call back before their (month) renewal. That will be a very profitable list for you as time goes on.

Good luck!

I am brand new in the business and trying to learn, made 60 calls set 1 appointment, this is for group. I am using Ref USA for my lists. My goal is 2 appointments per 60 calls per day. Is this a good goal or should I aim higher. Right now I only have 3-5 hours a day to prospect. It took about 1.5 hours to make the 60 calls. Did one hour of b2b for individual term as well. I want the individual term to become my bill payer and the group to be money straight into savings. Am I on the right track? It seems cold calling can work with massive numbers dialed but I prefer b2b. My goal at this point is sign 2-3 10 person or more groups a month and sell 7-15 individual term life's. Keep in mind this is a part time basis for now. 6 months from now I hope to go full time and double these figures.

Thanks!

I promise you that the key to success in this business is "activity"!!!!! If you keep doing what you're doing, and you do it consistantly, you will be just fine.:biggrin:

Thanks!

I promise you that the key to success in this business is "activity"!!!!! If you keep doing what you're doing, and you do it consistantly, you will be just fine.:biggrin:

Good job! Keep your activity going.

Last edited:
Short term cash flow is def an issue but that is part of starting any business. I wish I knew about insurance 2 months ago but its all good. I had the Masters on but its was on mute. I also had Barrett Jackson Palm Beach on at some point. I appreciate the motivation from you guys.

Are you targeting a certain size group or area or SIC code? If you are calling in to a geographic area following up with B2B drop in is a way for those you called to put a face with the voice on the phone.

Calling by phone can be more productive but also more brutal. People are more willing to be rude to a stranger on the phone than they are someone who simply walks in asking to leave behind some information. Even if they toss your flyer after you leave it is not as harsh as hanging up on you.

I have done both in the past and have a preference for F2F prospecting vs smile and dial but that is just me.

Back