Re: Zywave and other HR/broker tools

matt2crys

Does anyone know of any alternatives to Zywave? We were solicited, looks like they have some pretty slick offerings to stay in front of clients, and maybe make our agency look bigger than we are, or help differentiate, however they are SO expensive! Wondering if there isn't something similar for less $$...also, does anyone have experience w/Zywave and feel they're getting their money's worth? Thanks!

I do not. I have looked and have been unsuccessful.

I almost pulled the trigger with Zwave but they wanted a 3 year contract and there was just no way I could commit to that.

Who are are you entertaining?

Does anyone know of any alternatives to Zywave? We were solicited, looks like they have some pretty slick offerings to stay in front of clients, and maybe make our agency look bigger than we are, or help differentiate, however they are SO expensive! Wondering if there isn't something similar for less $$...also, does anyone have experience w/Zywave and feel they're getting their money's worth? Thanks!

Go here...www.foremostadvice.com - company used to be called Forefield Advisor....TONS of great content...for full on subscription it's $79/month or $799/year....great stuff and they have a 30 day free trial with full access...check it out.

My agency utilizes zywave and it really is a great tool. Great client newsletter material. Proposal materials. Client portal capabilities, etc.

Sure I may be a little bias but HR360 is the most comprehensive ACA/Employee Benefits/HR Resource and we have something very similar to their Broker Briefcase without second mortgaging the house. And they just partnered with NAHU. :)

Last edited:
Zywave told me this week they raised their rates twice this year. From what I'm reading, the rates are actually lower than a couple years ago. They didn't mention a start up cost. Monthly rates were $1200 for the full portal for one year and $860 for a 5 yr contract. They also offer 3 yrs. I'm sure the costs will come down as competitors arise. So far, I haven't found any others besides Maxwell Health.

My issue with Zywave: they have saturated the market. Every regional and local agency uses them. Yes, they have good content that can be agency branded. But don't use this for prospecting. You will be "dripping" the same articles as their current agency. I've seen this happen. One agency pays $50K a year for Zywave.

Also, they have come down in price for independents. But the above still applies.

I hope more agents join NAHU. They have so many tools and resources. Don't forget about them!

I'm going to bump this to the top. Are there any alternatives? Our agency has spoken to one of the reps. Seems to be a great tool, but we don't have any comparisons.

Back