Section 105 Benefits Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about the 105 plan that The Total Financial Group came up with where the employee contributes to a reimbursement account and then are given a weekly loan which is secured with a credit life insurance policy. Most employees end up bringing home more money and employers save a bundle on FICA taxes.

I'm talking about the 105 plan that The Total Financial Group came up with where the employee contributes to a reimbursement account and then are given a weekly loan which is secured with a credit life insurance policy. Most employees end up bringing home more money and employers save a bundle on FICA taxes.

That sounds like something that we have under section 125, I am just a policyholder thought, not an expert.

I thought a 105 dealt with health care costs? Is the employee just pocketing the money?

Also, what happens to all that interest?

You need to be more specific about the "product" that you are discussing. I went to their website and could not find any information about it.

It's pretty complex. It took me awhile to wrap my head around it. I haven't sold it. Just wondering if anybody here had. I don't even know if I could explain it correctly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you've sold/enrolled it, you would know.

Last edited:
It's pretty complex. It took me awhile to wrap my head around it. I haven't sold it. Just wondering if anybody here had. I don't even know if I could explain it correctly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you've sold/enrolled it, you would know.

Your comment above (If you've sold/enrolled it, you would know) is not true. A Section 105 plan can be structured in a variety of ways. Generally speaking, it refers to Section 105 of the IRS code and allows an employer to reimburse employees for qualified medical expenses. Usually designed within a self-funded health plan for the employer group. It can also be used for HRA's. The origins of these plans goes back 50 or so years as a vehicle for one man group.

The use of a loan feature and the credit life insurance is new to me and makes me believe this is being used for something other than medical self-funding.

Also, Section 105

Your comment above (If you've sold/enrolled it, you would know) is not true. A Section 105 plan can be structured in a variety of ways. Generally speaking, it refers to Section 105 of the IRS code and allows an employer to reimburse employees for qualified medical expenses. Usually designed within a self-funded health plan for the employer group. It can also be used for HRA's. The origins of these plans goes back 50 or so years as a vehicle for one man group.

The use of a loan feature and the credit life insurance is new to me and makes me believe this is being used for something other than medical self-funding.

Also, Section 105

Yes I realize the codes that make a 105 possible have been around for decades. If you have enrolled this particular plan you would know. My question was looking for someone who has implemented this specific plan, hence you have nothing further to contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back