Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE


Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum

Reply to Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility     
Old 07-21-2017, 07:50 AM   #1
Expert
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts:29
State: Devin01 is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
Just wondering of the smallgroup brokers (Groups less than 20) out there who is comfortable reviewing Medicare with their employers.

Were you aware of Group Medicare options for small group brokers?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility

Old 07-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #2
Guru
kgmom219 on Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts:4,827
State: kgmom219 is an Insurance Agent from Texas
kgmom219 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility Re: Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
Originally Posted by Devin01 View Post
Just wondering of the smallgroup brokers (Groups less than 20) out there who is comfortable reviewing Medicare with their employers.

Were you aware of Group Medicare options for small group brokers?
Yes I'm aware of the options.

And for groups less than 20, the numbers don't seem to work. How about an HRA and then the ee can buy their own plan?

------------------------------------
Good things don't come to those who wait. They come to those who work their butts off and never give up.
  Reply With Quote to Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
Old 07-21-2017, 03:26 PM   #3
Expert
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts:29
State: Devin01 is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility Re: Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility Devin01 is the thread starter for: Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility

I am referencing Group Medicare Plans. There are options to transition a client from a Group Plan (less than 20) to a Group Medicare Plan.

This takes them off the employer plan and onto a separate Medicare Group Plan, they client needs to signs a trust form (enrollment form) which will cost the individual/employer less. You can offer a client a fully loaded "Medicare Like Supplement" (250 dollars or less) that the employer can pay for.

The numbers absolutely work and the business owners love it. You have to be comfortable explaining how Medicare Parts A and B works for clients over 65.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
Old 07-21-2017, 05:19 PM   #4
Guru
kgmom219 on Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts:4,827
State: kgmom219 is an Insurance Agent from Texas
kgmom219 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
Originally Posted by Devin01 View Post
I am referencing Group Medicare Plans. There are options to transition a client from a Group Plan (less than 20) to a Group Medicare Plan.

This takes them off the employer plan and onto a separate Medicare Group Plan, they client needs to signs a trust form (enrollment form) which will cost the individual/employer less. You can offer a client a fully loaded "Medicare Like Supplement" (250 dollars or less) that the employer can pay for.

The numbers absolutely work and the business owners love it. You have to be comfortable explaining how Medicare Parts A and B works for clients over 65.
They work in YOUR area.

That doesn't make them work in mine.

Damnit. Maybe it work better if I understood A&B.

------------------------------------
Good things don't come to those who wait. They come to those who work their butts off and never give up.
  Reply With Quote to Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
Old 08-10-2017, 08:59 AM   #5
Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts:548
State: junkman is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility Re: Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
What do they do when the group goes away and they're looking at not passing underwriting for a supplement?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
Old 08-10-2017, 10:11 AM   #6
Super Genius
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts:124
State: Mike Siegal is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility Re: Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
Originally Posted by Devin01 View Post
I am referencing Group Medicare Plans. There are options to transition a client from a Group Plan (less than 20) to a Group Medicare Plan.

This takes them off the employer plan and onto a separate Medicare Group Plan, they client needs to signs a trust form (enrollment form) which will cost the individual/employer less. You can offer a client a fully loaded "Medicare Like Supplement" (250 dollars or less) that the employer can pay for.

The numbers absolutely work and the business owners love it. You have to be comfortable explaining how Medicare Parts A and B works for clients over 65.
What companies are offering this Group Medicare Plans..and where can one find out more information about it?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
Old 08-12-2017, 05:05 AM   #7
Expert
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts:29
State: Devin01 is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility Re: Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility Devin01 is the thread starter for: Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility

When a client leaves a group situation they "generally" can pick any Medicare supplement without underwriting, like a Plan F, G, or N. This is true if they 1st enroll in Medicare Part B when leaving the group. Once you receive your Part B from Social Security you have a 6 month window to pick a Medicare Supplement without underwriting.

Now if they have Part B already because of a small group situation, they can apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan F without underwrtiting. This is considered a Guarantee Issue situation and all insurance companies have to offer the Plan F ("usually" you do not get a commission on a guarantee issue case if you are contracted to sell Medicare Supplements).

You can/must apply for a Medigap policy no later than 63 calendar days after loosing coverage

----------

Mike if you want to PM me I can send you some information on this Medicare small group plan, down to one life. Client must be enrolled in Medicare have Part A and B and working for an employer of less then 20. Usually the math works out and the client can leave the group plan.

Small Group Medicare option for your employers:
o Medicare options for Groups of <20 employees
o Employer or employee may pay premium
o Tax benefits for employer premium contribution
o Multiple Flexible Plan Design
o Works like a Medicare supplement, and uses the "Medicare network"
 Enhanced and Optional Benefits May be Offered
 Part D Coverage Gap coverage options
 Vision/Hearing benefits
 Multiple Deductible Options ($0 to $4,000)
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
Old 08-12-2017, 01:21 PM   #8
Guru
somarco on Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts:26,330
State: somarco is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
somarco is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility Re: Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
Maybe it work better if I understood A&B.
See link above.

Hope this helps.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
Old 08-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #9
Expert
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts:30
State: Tim Resnick is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility Re: Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
Originally Posted by Devin01 View Post
When a client leaves a group situation they "generally" can pick any Medicare supplement without underwriting, like a Plan F, G, or N. This is true if they 1st enroll in Medicare Part B when leaving the group. Once you receive your Part B from Social Security you have a 6 month window to pick a Medicare Supplement without underwriting.

Now if they have Part B already because of a small group situation, they can apply for a Medicare Supplement Plan F without underwrtiting. This is considered a Guarantee Issue situation and all insurance companies have to offer the Plan F ("usually" you do not get a commission on a guarantee issue case if you are contracted to sell Medicare Supplements).

You can/must apply for a Medigap policy no later than 63 calendar days after loosing coverage

----------

Mike if you want to PM me I can send you some information on this Medicare small group plan, down to one life. Client must be enrolled in Medicare have Part A and B and working for an employer of less then 20. Usually the math works out and the client can leave the group plan.

Small Group Medicare option for your employers:
o Medicare options for Groups of <20 employees
o Employer or employee may pay premium
o Tax benefits for employer premium contribution
o Multiple Flexible Plan Design
o Works like a Medicare supplement, and uses the "Medicare network"
 Enhanced and Optional Benefits May be Offered
 Part D Coverage Gap coverage options
 Vision/Hearing benefits
 Multiple Deductible Options ($0 to $4,000)

I just spoke with this guy. I'm a newby but i understood what he was offering. So, if you are in an area where Medicare Advantage network is not strong, his product would work for you under the terms we spoke of.

Just my 2 cents.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility
Reply to Small Group and and Clients Approaching Medicare Eligibility 

  Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.

Forum enabled with vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Join the Forum - It's FREE

Share This Page



Weekly Poll

Where do we go from here? POLL
This poll will close on 08-17-2017 at 02:28 PM