Small Group Expansion

Coastalins

Was great to hear the President vetoed the small group expansion. But states can still choose to expand small group to 100. Here in CA it is still being expanded. That is so disappointing. Employers are not happy about this and neither are brokers! Why did CA choose to do this?

Was great to hear the President vetoed the small group expansion. But states can still choose to expand small group to 100. Here in CA it is still being expanded. That is so disappointing. Employers are not happy about this and neither are brokers! Why did CA choose to do this?

Because it is California???

Because CA can't change it unless/until the CA state legislature addresses it. Federal changes in ACA have to be dealt with at the CA legislature level before they can be changed/modified/rejected at state level.

Attachments

• ACA_SmallGroup.JPG
    ACA_SmallGroup.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I know the legislature is on recess, and this won't get looked at until January 2016. That is too late. I'm wondering why the don't have an emergency session. Seems pretty important too me! I think employer groups would rather have it stay the same.

Back