Snail Mail Marketing

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
Anyone have any success with snail mail marketing?

I am thinking about doing some old school marketing.

Anyone have any success with snail mail marketing?

I am thinking about doing some old school marketing.

Right now, at least in IL, every employer has their head in the sand. They don't want to consider the issue until later this year. I've sampled quite a few business owners, and almost 100% of them aren't going to make a decision until Oct. to look at what they are responsible for.

The owners I'm friends with have all stated that they aren't even looking at marketing pieces, unless it's something really special. That doesn't matter if it's coming to them via mail, fax, or email.

Depending on what your situation is, I may be interested in doing some performance based marketing for you. I was under the impression most of the folks in this line of insurance weren't really prospecting so I've been holding off on it, but the b2b market usually responds well to telemarketers with the way we've done things in the past.

The sales cycle on this type of marketing is at least 2-6 months.
Really you do this type of marketing to fill up the pipe line with new prospects.

Mail it out to the key contact and then call them.
It's an old school approach that never yielded me more than 1% closing rate but with SHTF, I am thinking groups 20-100 lives may be interested in a new approach. Self Funding or Dropping coverage. I think I might get a lot groups that will entertain both options.

It's been years since I did any type of mailing piece.

The sales cycle on this type of marketing is at least 2-6 months.
Really you do this type of marketing to fill up the pipe line with new prospects.

Mail it out to the key contact and then call them.
It's an old school approach that never yielded me more than 1% closing rate but with SHTF, I am thinking groups 20-100 lives may be interested in a new approach. Self Funding or Dropping coverage. I think I might get a lot groups that will entertain both options.

It's been years since I did any type of mailing piece.

Just an FYI, but on the Zane approach, I was told by an ERISA attorney that the IRS is expected to crack down on this in the coming years and NOT to get involved with those type of situations.

Coming Years? I have yet to see any law that states you can't do this.

I hear a lot of success stories from the old fashion $255 card people have been using for years. The trick is you have to pick the right list and keep on doing it.

If you look at a lot of the IMO's like EFES, NAA that offer leads, the leads come from direct mail. The trick is you have to get the cost down and keep doing it.

I am not familiar with "$255 Card"

This snail marketing would be for employee benefits so it's B2B marketing.

I think this might be a good time to market because everyone is wanting answers to health care reform and the broker is now the 1st responder with giving the group info.

Here is an example of the card most people use.

Attachments

• recent mailer.pdf
    460.7 KB · Views: 21
Here is an example of the card most people use.

I've gotten several of these cards in the mail where I live here in Georgia. These were sent snail mail? How many pieces will 255.00 get you?

OK, I understand now, yeah that is not going to work for B2B marketing.
Then again, I have never tried it so I guess I can really say that.

Back