Strategy for Protecting Agent of Record Status

MjrBad

Need Strategy for Protecting Agent of Record Status

I have a business client that I have handled their Employee Benefit Plans (Med, Dental, Life, Vision, STD/LTD, 401(k) for the past 8 years. The have approx. 100 Employees.

They have brought in some new members of the management team (new President). In the past I worked with the President and the HR Manager on renewals. I have been told that the CFO (whom I know will be handling the next renewal (Feb 2011). I have worked with the CFO on the 401(k) plan but not the Insurances. I know that when he first joined the company about 4 years ago that he wanted to bring his Insurance guy into the equation. I'm not sure if he is going to want to do again. He knows that I have provided great service to the company.

My question to the forum is, If they want to allow another broker/agent to provide alternative proposals, what strategies would you recommend I use to protect my position? Keep in mind that I routinely Shop this group aggressively to make sure they get the best Benefits for their Dollar. Both Fully Insured and Partial Self-Funding.

I appreciate your input.

MJB

Last edited:
Back