TASC Horrible Customer Service Experience

leevena

Guru
1000 Post Club
Just spent 15-20 minutes (40 or so receipts) entering my 125 expenses on their website. After hitting "submit" it all disappeared. Called their Customer Service number, rep was Robert. Told me that problem could be that I was using Internet Explorer, that they have been having problems with IE. Suggested I use Google Chrome, which I do not have, nor do I want.

Options for me were; 1) submit via my smart phone (great option for 40 receipts), 2) get Chrome, 3) download a paper submittal and handwrite 40 submissions (hello 1985) and fax in.

In 33 years of selling benefits I have never heard of a response as STUPID as Roberts. I have been told by other benefit people of how difficult it is to work with TASC, but this takes the cake.

I will never recommend them again.

IE is being phased out by many websites. It is antiquated code.

Downloading Chrome takes about 2 minutes... and it is a much faster browser than IE!

You might not be stuck in 1985, but you are stuck in 1999 (ok, maybe more like 2004). Get over it, technology changes. Either you keep up or you deal with problems that using antiquated technology brings.

Last edited:
IE is being phased out by many websites. It is antiquated code.

Downloading Chrome takes about 2 minutes... and it is a much faster browser than IE!

You might not be stuck in 1985, but you are stuck in 1999 (ok, maybe more like 2004). Get over it, technology changes. Either you keep up or you deal with problems that using antiquated technology brings.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, part of my post is frustration with TASC. However, according to Net Market Share, Chrome currently has 11.25% market share, while IE (all versions ) has 58%, Firefox has 10%, and all others has 21%.

And, since my company controls which browser it is not that simply. Yes, I could go home and change my browser ( I use FireFox ) but since 58% use IE, it seems to me that they would have an option for IE.

Have a good day.

I find it surprising that they don't support IE.

That said, is this any different than a company telling you that you can't use Chrome or Firefox on their site, that you must use IE?

I think you're using old information about the market share. Browser Statistics
Usage share of web browsers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the major problems with IE is that there are multiple versions and some will work while others are unreliable.

You make a good point, the numbers I found are from November 2014. But even if yours are true and that IE is now about 10%, still difficult for me to understand why it would not be supported. Again, just venting at TASC.

Browser market share

Ideally any company would support all major browsers. Opera, maybe not. IE? Absolutely. It's amazing how difficult it is to get things to work with IE.

IE is also massively supported by some carriers/companies as an exclusive browser.

The problem with judging market share of a browser is that there is no central way to measure it. Its not like everyone is visiting the same webpage... which is the only way to measure it...

I trust stats from companies such as Adobe over others. Mainly because java is one of the most widely used plugins/codes across the web. Adobe and Google would have the most difinitive stats on browser use.

And according to Adobe, Chrome passed IE in market share earlier this year.
Take a look at the chart and see the huge downward trend that IE is on.
BN-DC153_browse_G_20140604202454.jpg

IE is slow as molasses, plus it had some serious security flaws for a while over the past few years. That is why I do not use it.

I still have it on my computer because one single company I use requires it for a single section of their website :1err:

You would think that IE would make it so the browser deciphers the code the exact same way as the other 2. But I guess that would be too logical.

What is ironic is that so many companies used to require IE. Now the opposite is starting to happen. But IE still has their hooks in a lot of corporate websites. I think NYL is still one.

IE is the go to browser for at least 3-4 carriers I use. I heave a big sigh when I call their broker services when there is an issue, and they say "are you using IE or some other browser, only IE, version 8, works with our system". Oops, I did it again, forgot which ones only use IE. Now, one or two are using Chrome. I use Chrome all day, except for the dino-er-traditionalist carriers. I get it, massive data/legacy software, now just having updated to Windows 7 from XP, under duress, due to end of Microsoft support, they are lumbering along.
Interesting to have the reverse effect, usually using IE is the safe bet.

Back