Union Deduction Slot Question

HarryDaBroker

Expert
I have been working on a 7k member union for several months and it looks like I'm going to get a shot.

Here's my issue. There is only one deduction slot and they currently have aflac. I know nothing about gov't contracts so here are my questions.

1. What do I need to do to have the slot signed over.
(I assume that the union president just has to let the state know)

2. How can i put another carrier in there if they want to keep aflac and they only have 1 slot.
(Aside from getting bonded and having them send the money to me for me to distribute, I was wondering if I could use lets say a TPA for consolidated billing)

I meet with the executive board on Tuesday so hopefully I get a solution by then. Thanks in advance for your inputs and suggestions!

I got it figured out.

1. As I thought, all the union president has to do is inform HR they are changing the slot to my company.

2. TPA is the appropriate solution for my current status. I could get bonded, collect the money myself, but the overhead and administration would kill my upfront budget and its not my expertise. So I will be talking to TPA's today that offer consolidating billing.

Now I just have to figure out how much it should realistically cost whether it be a pepm or commission split model.

Feel free to correct me if you feel I am in err, just wanted to provide my findings in case any other noob comes across the same issue.

"GOOGLE is your friend. USE IT! :idea:"

HarryDaBroker said:
I got it figured out.

1. As I thought, all the union president has to do is inform HR they are changing the slot to my company.

2. TPA is the appropriate solution for my current status. I could get bonded, collect the money myself, but the overhead and administration would kill my upfront budget and its not my expertise. So I will be talking to TPA's today that offer consolidating billing.

Now I just have to figure out how much it should realistically cost whether it be a pepm or commission split model.

Feel free to correct me if you feel I am in err, just wanted to provide my findings in case any other noob comes across the same issue.

"GOOGLE is your friend. USE IT! :idea:"

The TPAs I have seen in the federal allotment program typically charge $1-2 per employee per pay period for those contributing.

Good Job on closing a case that size!

thx !!! not completely closed, but well on the way. have to do one local (700ee) to prove myself, if i do good on that, the slot is mine. now to figure out a way to get group discount with eft... :jiggy:

thanks, but heres the catch. they dont wanna get screwed over again, so they wanna give me a pilot audience. 700ee facility, part of the entire group. once they are happy, i can get the whole thing. now i need to find a di company that can do eft. already called lincoln financial & transamerica. they DONT want aflac or colonial. anyone else i should be calling?

thx in advance

HarryDaBroker said:
thanks, but heres the catch. they dont wanna get screwed over again, so they wanna give me a pilot audience. 700ee facility, part of the entire group. once they are happy, i can get the whole thing. now i need to find a di company that can do eft. already called lincoln financial & transamerica. they DONT want aflac or colonial. anyone else i should be calling?

thx in advance

You want to do each employee eft? Might look at MoO.

Back