Use of a telemarketing agency for group insurance

I got lucky I found me a good telemarkerter for $ 7.00 a hour. I give a $ 20 bonus per sale, so she is more focused on getting quality leads.

Don't worry Jami, no one is going to put a whole lot of weight into dmiller's post since it is the only thing he/she has posted on the forum.

I will say, though, since this is a forum for insurance agent's, that I have tried Jami and although she may work for some people it did not for me. I have heard she does well with individual health market but I do not know of anyone on this forum who has had success with her in the senior/medicare market. But, the good thing is I was not happy and so Jami never charged me anything...that says something for her business.

Hire your Own

Hire your own Telemarketers, its easy and you have total control of the type and quality of lead that you receive. You interview each one, You have personal contact of your marketing rep. You prepare the Script, and you explain to the Marketers the standard of a qualified lead. Then you provide the training so they have a better understanding of the Individual health market. The leads that I am receiving are expecting my call at a certain time and date.(Appointment Set) The leads are costing me $7.00. I have recieved so far from my Marketer that started on Friday the 4th of May 2007 (7) qualifed Leads, Have closed and wrote 3 of the Leads so Far. It all boils down to hiring the right marketer,(Which is very easy). You set the Standard for what a qualified lead is, and you dont accept anything less. No Soft Sell! We dont want to just be offering Free Quotes or talking to someone that really is not interested in my service.;)

Exactly. When you hire a marketer they have no idea what a good or bad lead is. You set the paramaters. I've done the telemarketing myself and it's very easy to pull 2 very high quality leads per hour - so I know I'm getting smoke blown up my ass when I hire a girl, she works 4 hours and says "I only got 2 leads." Or even worse, she works 2 hours, gives me 6 leads and almost all are junk. I know she's not making a lot of calls and pressing people to make up for it.

I have hired directly in the past (using Craigslist primarily) and I would say pretty much a disaster. So John, how do you "control" the hourly - are you paying a base plus bonus? How do you determine whether they're actually dialing? I had a couple in my office who had the crackberry disease and too much privacy. Thanks for the input.

yes I can pay 10 dollars per lead easy. and 15 for two. my yahoo id is armarcus I added you on my messenger
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
never pay hourly you pay per appointment low hourly and per appointment. 3 dollars per hour and a commission of 10-15 per appointment and maybe more if you book the sale. I had a huge charge back last time I hired a telemarketing firm. I found they split the commission with friends hey "dude they are paying me 20 bucks just sit down and tell them no" I will give you a fin. for those who do not know what that is it 5 bucks. No sales and a lot of money out the door or a purchase and a cancel. Commission and charge back be careful

Last edited:
Back