Washington National?

I don't know anything about the relationship between Washington National and Conseco. But I can tell you that I've had a bad experience with Conseco that would make me think twice before writing any business with them.

I work for my clients rather than for an insurance company. This means that when a carrier's product is best for my client, I use it. When the carrier's product is not the most suitable for my client, I go elsewhere. Due to that strategy, I wrote for other carriers other than Conseco. So Conseco terminated my contract for lack of production, which is its right to do.

My problem lies in the fact that I could no longer give the best service to my clients that had Conseco policies I had written. For example, I have to tell my clients to order in force illustrations from the carrier and the clients then have to send them to me.

When my clients added more money to their life policies, I received no compensation. This cost me thousands of dollars in lost earnings and essentially, working for free because I promised my clients to always service them. I can't imagine writing Conseco business again under these conditions.

They did not changed their name from Canseco to Wah Nat. Wash Nat has been around for over 100 years.

Beg to differ. I know that WN has been around, but Conseco started using the WN name and no more Conseco. However you want to wrap it, they stopped putting it on Conseco paper and started putting it on WN paper....same products. I'll see if I saved the memo, can't remember the exact wording. This happened years ago.

Beg to differ. I know that WN has been around, but Conseco started using the WN name and no more Conseco. However you want to wrap it, they stopped putting it on Conseco paper and started putting it on WN paper....same products. I'll see if I saved the memo, can't remember the exact wording. This happened years ago.

Conseco became CNO Financial Services. WN is a wholly owned subsidiary.

What happened to the Conseco products? They're now written on WN paper.

They may well have the same products and the products are administered out of the Conseco offices in Indiana but the Conseco did not change their name to WN.. WN already existed as a wholly owner subsidiary and has existed since 1911. The name change I do remember was when they changed Pioneer Life to Conseco.. I also remember they fouled up what was a good little, agent friendly company when it was run by Peter Nauert.

They may well have the same products and the products are administered out of the Conseco offices in Indiana but the Conseco did not change their name to WN.. WN already existed as a wholly owner subsidiary and has existed since 1911. The name change I do remember was when they changed Pioneer Life to Conseco.. I also remember they fouled up what was a good little, agent friendly company when it was run by Peter Nauert.

I think we're splitting hairs here. Didn't Peter Nauert take over Continental General after that. I really liked them. They've been sold a bunch of times and are now owned by Cigna.

----------

I just found the Field Bulletin from 03/30/2011 to take effect 09/01/2011. It says:

We are preparing to rebrand to Washington National Insurance Company (WNIC). This includes rebranding of all of Conseco Insurance Company (CIC) and Conseco Health Insurance Company (CHIC):
* Product sales literature and new business application
* Policies and certificates
* Service materials

----------

I call that changing their name from Conseco to WN.:yes:

Don't know about the CG connection. Here is his obit from 20 years ago that details his career. I did not realize the FOX News anchor Heather Nauert was his daughter..

Death Notice: PETER W. NAUERT - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

Yep, that's him. When I went independent, they were one of the 1st companies I picked up. CERES ended up selling them to Great American who sold them to Cigna. I guess they still sell Med Supps in a couple of states.

"From 1998 to 2002, Nauert was CEO of Ceres Group, Inc, a publicly traded insurance firm."

For almost 1 year no one at this company can tell me why our policy lapsed. I've called almost every month since January and still can't get any answers. They tell me I need to fill out a form and that they have mailed it out - but we never receive it. They say a manager/supervisor will call me in 24 hours - it's been 10 days, no call back. Everyone has a different story to tell and no one can ever give me a straight answer. So the policy we had for over 40 years, may be lapsed and if my father passes away, no insurance payment because this company can't get it straight! THEY SUCK!

Back