Where Do I Start?

robertrr

Expert
I'm pretty new to the insurance biz here in New Jersey leaning all i can about senior products. At the same time I've been thinking about getting into group benefits biz also where do I start? I did all my contracting through Ritterim.com and it look like they are more into Medicare & life products. How do I find out the carriers that have group health plans in my area and also how learn about them. Thanks in advance,

Robert

I'd recommend not jumping into group market until the dust settles in 2014. This market is directly impacted by Obamacare and it's possible we will see heavy attrition in that market as employers dump group coverage and send their employees to the individual exchanges.

There is some good information in the health reform forum dealing with the "affordability" issue of employer sponsored group coverage screwing employees out of their Obamacare subsidy.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but this is one of the worst times to consider the group benefits (health insurance-based) business.

Hey Robert-

We have an agency in Livingston and would be glad to talk to you more about group insurance. If you are interested PM me and we can chat.

Hey Adam would you be able to give me a call, I don't have enough post to do a PM.

Thank,
Robert

Latest posts

Back