Who Do I Ask for when Calling Businesses?

ZboyleHST

Hey guys!

Just had a quick question as I have decided to shift my focus from individual health to group. For the most part, I have been looking for the smaller businesses (2-10 employees). However I would like to try out some of the bigger fish out there. So my question is, and this will probably have a very simple answer, who is the person in the company that deals with the group insurance?

Am I reaching for the owner? Or the owner, who will then send me to the HR person if they are interested? Or is there a specific position who deals with the companies group plans?

I've been using LinkedIn to research the businesses I plan on calling on so I can ask for the individual by name.

I appreciate the feedback!

For small 3-10 person firms it will be either the owner or the office manager.

For large firms they will have a HR department that handles the Group Benefits. Usually, it is the head of HR that you want to contact and set a meeting with for large groups.

If you are using LinkedIn, try joining some HR groups on there or groups for small business owners. But the best way is to just call them and ask for the Owner/Office Manager/HR Director/etc. For a small firm, just call and ask the person who answers the phone "if they can help you" and just ask who makes the decisions about benefits and when the best time to call them would be.

Back