Who's Got Ideas for Wellness

thebig_j

Expert
First off why is this forum so dead? is it just because of open enrollment and no one is working on groups right now? I just feel like there is a ton of good info in the individual market and the group market is lacking around here.

Anyways, I want to discuss wellness. Recently we were talking about self/level funding in another thread. right now I want to look at self funding for every group I quote. If they can get through the underwriting these plans can't be matched in premium, AND there is a return on the unused claims fund.

So heres the question. In the new healthcare world wellness is so imortant to keep costs down. What can we do wellness wise to make effect the long-term wellness of a group? How can we help them help themselves? And how can we make money on it?

If no one has an answer I am already thinking about creating an answer, but if someone else has done the work. I would love to just sell it.

We will be applying for our insurance license in the next week or two.
Our target market is employers with 200 or more employees who are interested in self funding.
With our unique patented paid-up benefits rider, those with no or low claims can lower their premiums 60-80% over 3-5 years.
If you "qualify," contact me at [email protected]
Don Levit
Part owner of National Prosperity Life and Health

Don, I dont understand how this helps improve the overall wellness of the group. At all. Where is an idea for wellness? In fact I have never seen your posts say anything helpful. If you want people to sell your products share some knowledge. Show why your products would help. But honestly I dont understand your response to my question.

Does anyone know what factors are most attached to rates? I'm sure it is a bunch of factors, but I want to address wellness as a whole. I am looking at putting a comprehensive program in place that will make a real, measurable difference in premium costs, as well as the lives of employees. I agree yearly screenings are important to catch BIG things like cancer early and thus make it more treatable. But I'm not sure that will really make a difference in premium over time.

I am mostly thinking of a way to help mid-sized employers get their populations healthy enough for self/level funded options when they move from insuring 10 office staff to 50-80 laborers. I really see self/level funding as the only way these companies will be able to afford a plan.

With the recent extra extension in the ER mandate there is some real time to put wellness in place and make it effective in time to make a difference. And it is a much better solutions then cut your employees down to 28 hours to avoid paying.

Does anyone know what factors are most attached to rates? I'm sure it is a bunch of factors, but I want to address wellness as a whole. I am looking at putting a comprehensive program in place that will make a real, measurable difference in premium costs, as well as the lives of employees. I agree yearly screenings are important to catch BIG things like cancer early and thus make it more treatable. But I'm not sure that will really make a difference in premium over time.

I am mostly thinking of a way to help mid-sized employers get their populations healthy enough for self/level funded options when they move from insuring 10 office staff to 50-80 laborers. I really see self/level funding as the only way these companies will be able to afford a plan.

With the recent extra extension in the ER mandate there is some real time to put wellness in place and make it effective in time to make a difference. And it is a much better solutions then cut your employees down to 28 hours to avoid paying.

Sorry, but I have been on the road all week and it's difficult to catch-up.

I/we do nothing but self-funding, from 5+ lives up. Your comment/suggestion is valid, but it is difficult for me to give you a specific answer or recommendation. The term "wellness plan" means different things to different people, so show me 25 wellness plans and I will show you 25 different programs. When developing a wellness plan you should always start with a profile of the risk within the group. This will give you a roadmap of what types of programs, incentives, disincentives, etc that you will build around them. Remember, each group is different and will need a program built around their specific risks. I have some with very little, and others with a variety of requirements(smoking cessation, personal health records, bio- metric testing, higher employee cost for non-compliance, etc.) built into their plans. These are evaluated each year and adjusted over time.

This forum is not conducive to this type of a conversation. If you would like to dicuss on the phone I would be happy. Shoot me a email and I will send you my contact information.

Have a good day.
Lee

Wellness is been sold as this cure to claims and that is not the case. Wellness programs are unable to give an ROI. Wellness nothing to address large risk.
I have looked at wellness from every angle, it does have vale in building employee morale.

The reason this forum is weak on this topic, is there are very few group sales agents on here. There is almost no producers, that sell large group on here.

Back